Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

5G UC Not Appearing - Unlocked S21 T-Mobile

(Topic created: 10-29-2021 06:20 AM)
l10
Constellation
Options
Discussions

Hello, I recently updated to beta 3 and see that I never see the new 5G UC icon when T-Mobile new Ultra Capacity 5G is available (unlike other people running the beta). Can the 5G UC icon also be brought to Unlocked S21 on T-Mobile?

An iPhone next to me shows the 5GUC icon but not my unlocked S21

thank you

0 Likes
11 Replies
itsRickSung
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
U only get 5G UC when u are in an area where there's 5G ultra capacity!!
l10
Constellation
Options
Discussions

I am in an area that has it but the icon isnā€™t appearing. An iPhone next to me has the 5G UC icon, but not on my unlocked S21

0 Likes
ItzBrotein
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
I have a galaxy s21 and I get 5G UC. It has to be in an area with 5G coverage.
0 Likes
l10
Constellation
Options
Discussions

Is your S21 unlocked? Mine is and I think that is why it doesnā€™t show for me even though Iā€™m on T-Mobile 

0 Likes
ItzBrotein
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
Yes! My phone is indeed unlocked and I am also with T-Mobile. Maybe try restarting your phone or check APN settings? If those don't work maybe try calling T-Mobile support and see if they can help or tell you if you're covered in a 5G area.
0 Likes
PaperStation
Supernova
Options
Discussions
Yeah TMobile is weird my other s21 Ultra is unlocked and still to this far shows up as unknown device on my TMobile account where as all my unlock iPhone shows up correctly
0 Likes
dortyboy
Sun
Options
Discussions
I'm in nyc and I never see it. I go in and out between 5G and LTE. Lately it's even been reduced to just H
0 Likes
Coldheat06
Comet
Options
Discussions
I'm in a small town in Oklahoma and I am even seeing itScreenshot_20211029-081941_Samsung Members_7325.jpg
Be sure to click " āœ“ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello @l10 ,

We recommend reaching out to your carrier for support with camping on 5G UC. 

Regards
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes