Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

5G is not

(Topic created: 10-07-2021 08:03 PM)
KH445
Comet
Options
Discussions
I installed a network cell band info app to verify my phone was in fact picking up the 5G signal and low and behold it's not. It's actually not even detecting my SIM card, however when I turn 5G off 4G kicks in and it detects my SIM card it tells me the band I'm using, ECI, PCI, TAC and basically everything needed to operate correctly.  While connected to 5G with full signal I get a download speed of about 3.1 Mbs (very sad), same test on 4G I average about 140 Mbs. So basically having 5G activated with this beta it kills about 90% of my network. The picture where it say's "unknown" below sim1, is when I'm connected to 5G. 
Anyone having this issue? I'm On T-Mobile.
I should note I'm not having any call related issues while on 5G just anything that uses the Internet, websites\ apps . 

11 Replies
Eternal_d
Halo
Options
Discussions
I know I've had to turn 5g off trying to download apps from play store because 5g was Hanging so much. I agree that 5g seems to hang a bit on this beta. Speed tests show it comparable to 4g in my area but I find the connection is unstable and hangs constantly. I was sitting in a parking lot tonight with 5 bars of 5g and an app could not download completely would just hang. Once I switched to lte the app downloaded within seconds.
0 Likes
Eternal_d
Halo
Options
Discussions
I do have carrier services app installed.
0 Likes