Did you mean: 

Original topic:

A little disappointed

(Topic created: 10-06-2022 07:24 AM)
Lurien
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
I dont have any real issues so far on beta 4. Its actually very smooth as was beta 3. But Im a visual person and Samsung can't seem to get the darn animations right when swiping home from an application. Its still very "jumpy", "jittery". I dont even know how to describe it at this point. Its been even more so than beta 3 at least in my experience thus far and thats very disappointing. Other than that everything seems well and smooth so far and that's very positive as we near the official release. Hopefully they can tweak those animations once and for all. 
9 Replies
Options
Discussions
Yes! I run my display at 60hz, and the animations when swiping up to go home are TERRIBLE!
BUT, when you go home with the back gestures, the animations are smooth like butter.
Samsung needs to fix this issue before the final release or I'm jumping ship. I'm starting to get sick of them.
Lurien
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
Horrible on 60hz! Even the scrolling is bad.
TipsyTrex
Supernova
Options
Discussions
It's an issue with the Google gestures. The animation skipping is not present, at least on my phone, when using the Samsung gestures.
0 Likes
sqmala
Halo
Options
Discussions
S22 ultra here tmobile run 120hz and its worse than beta 3..had no issues on beta 3 but seems we have backtracked to almost beta 2 with animations..also run animations at .5x wich seems to help alot
Lurien
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
I'm running on .5 but still not smooth as it should be. Beta 1 had the best animations for me and beta 3 probably had the best overall smoothness in my experience. All beta 3 was missing was smooth animations with the gestures.
0 Likes
Options
Discussions
Have you tried 1.5 on the animator duration scale?
0 Likes
Lurien
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
I have. Its better, still kinda choppy and slower obviously.
0 Likes
Lurien
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
Still cant believe these animations. And its only an issue when closing an app to the home screen. Opening any app the animation is very smooth.
0 Likes
USBetaModerator2
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello,
Thank you for your Feedback. We appreciate your contribution to the Beta community.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes