Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

AOD stays on indefinitely when a notification comes in

(Topic created: 09-14-2021 09:38 PM)
SamsungUser495
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
I have the AOD set to "show for new notifications," and also my notification settings as "brief" and "show even when screen is off." When a notification comes in, the AOD stays on forever instead of lighting up for the notification and then turning off after a few seconds
0 Likes
5 Replies
missmotta
Comet
Options
Discussions
This is the way it's supposed to work when you have this setting enabled. Your AOD comes on (and stays) until you interact with the notification(s). Sort of like an LED alert, but with the screen. If you see AOD on, this will to alert you that you have a message waiting or email or what have you. It doesn't just come on briefly and then go away. It can be helpful if you aren't near your phone for a while.
0 Likes
SamsungUser495
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
I don't like that at all. I'd want it to just pop up on the screen, then disappear after a while. I'd understand that if I had the AOD on but "show for new notifications" makes it sound like it should pop up and then disappear
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello @SamsungUser495 ,

Did you try attending to notification and then observing if AOD turns off  ?

Regards

One Ui Beta Team

0 Likes
SamsungUser495
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
Yes it goes away if you check the notification. But it seems like it shouldn't stay on forever until the notification gets checked, or at least to have a setting where it automatically turns back off after a few seconds instead of staying on
hamad3914
Constellation
Options
Discussions

This thread was in 2021 and even now this is the same. It is really not nice as it keeps AOD on permanently until you interact with the notification. Just eats up more battery.

0 Likes