(Topic created: 10-05-2021 05:00 PM)
MochaVex
Supernova
Options
Discussions
Things I've noticed so far:
* App icon is now shown in toast messages
* Brightness bar now has an outline in the quick panel
* Animation error regarding incorrect app merging with another while going to the homescreen is corrected.
* Secure Folder has been fixed
* App switcher now has a subtle bounce effect on the currently running app
* Keyboard is much more responsive.
* Blur effect is now present behind the screenshot editor bar.

Some issues I still notice:
* Quick panel has a tendency to stutter (although it's much better than beta 1). It stutters the worst if you have your app drawer or task switcher open AND pull down the panel.
* App animations are occasionally stuttering and slower to open.
* Main home screen swipe up can be overly sensitive compared to swiping back down.
* App switcher stutters if more than one app is present on the screen.
* App switcher animations regarding very quick input still results in phantom cards / flickering out of the switcher.

Awesome work so far. I'll be uploading some error reports regarding what is still present.
7 Replies
bigbad614
Comet
Options
Discussions
Well said!

I agree with everything that you have said.
daftfunk24
Explorer
Options
Discussions
Great post! Not a crazy update feature wise but the performance has been greatly upgraded from Beta 1. Would still like to see more customization regarding Samsung widgets
Jus-X
Halo
Options
Discussions
Also, some of the fonts appear different. The first one I noticed was my 5G indicator. Screenshot_20211005-165845_One UI Home_916.jpg
jjino
Astronaut
Options
Discussions
TikTok is nearly unusable in Beta 2. I don't know how to revert to the prior beta but I'm very unhappy with this change.
0 Likes
MochaVex
Supernova
Options
Discussions
Just give it a day or two! I had issues with beta 1 until it randomly decided to work properly.

Also be aware that One UI 4 doesn't thermal-throttle very well, so of you're phone gets hot, performance is going to be much worse compared to One UI 3.

I don't think anyone's mentioned this yet.
CubZeke
Comet
Options
Discussions
What seems to be the issue with Tiktok? It seems to be working fine with me unless I'm overlooking something.
0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello @MochaVex  ,

Thank you for your feedback. If you havenā€™t already, Please update Samsung members app to latest version from galaxy store and send us an error report immediately after experiencing the issue from the Samsung memberā€™s app -> Beta Feedback -> Error Reports to help us debug the issue. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your contribution to the beta program.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes