Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

All of a sudden

(Topic created: 10-19-2021 11:17 PM)
jdunk312
Comet
Options
Discussions
My sim card is not reading and my phone is not charging whatsoever. I even tried to revert back to Android 11 and doesn't solve my problem. Yes the back of my phone is cracked but only slightly but it happened months ago never had a problem until about 45 minutes ago. Not sure if I should blame the beta or not but I don't have insurance on the phone I bought it out right and using it on prepaid. So will Samsung fix this even tho the back of my phone is cracked?
0 Likes
5 Replies
MochaVex
Supernova
Options
Discussions
Find proof of purchase and register the warranty on Samsung members... It'll take between 1-3 days for it to either be rejected or approved. If it's rejected, contact the number they provide.

File a warranty claim under a defect.
0 Likes
Solution
GTumms
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
Went through a situation where my s21 ultra would overheat (120Ā°F+ doing simple tasks even just speaking to the rep on the phone about it it got to 117Ā°F).

I was told by 2 separate UBreakIFix stores (which are the most used Samsung authorized repair shops in the US) that they can fix physical damage and basic internals but if its internals past that they generally have issues getting chips and boards so they'll refer you to send the phone to the Samsung repair shop in Texas (~7day turn around).

Word of warning though, Samsung warranty fixes are all or nothing. AKA when you send it in they'll contact you saying that in order for them to fix whatever went wrong on their end you'll have to pay their fee to fix the back glass you mentioned is cracked.

That being said you'll have to pay the repair cost, but skip the middle man, call Samsung customer service (whether or not you ever registered the warranty doesn't matter nor does of its in your name even) and explain to them the issues and that you'd rather speed up the process and ship it in. They'll email you a UPS next day air prepaid shipping label and even help set you up with free options through the local ups hubs to help box it up and send it in safely.

They replaced my main board, wireless charging pad that's between the boards/battery and the back glass, the back glass, and camera cover piece for free. Had it back 5days after I sent it off.

So... basically they'll fix it but you'll have to pay them to replace your back glass out of pocket which is still cheaper than buying a new phone.
jdunk312
Comet
Options
Discussions
Well it's charging now but still no sign whatsoever. Would they still be able to fix it with my back glass broken? I can't find the cost on their website but the hardware is covered under warranty still so I won't have to pay out of pocket right?
0 Likes
GTumms
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
You'll have to pay out of pocket for the back glass repair. Whatever hardware is the issue would be replaced under warranty. Manufacturers warranty doesn't cover damage done by the owner so that would have to be paid.

Like I said though, it's all or nothing. If you were to tell them that you don't want the back glass replaced because you don't want to pay for it, they won't replace or even look at anything.

Personal opinion is back glass replacement no matter the cost can't be as much as buying another of these phones
0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello @jdunk312 ,

A device under beta program is covered with same warranty as a device with non beta software. Please contact the nearest Samsung Service Center for assistance. To locate the nearest Service Center, please call 1-800-726-7864.

Regards
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes