cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Android Auto Call voice drop, no voice, etc.

(Topic created: 11-14-2020 08:58 AM)
USCG1992
Halo
Options
Discussions
This may be an app issue with the Android auto working with the beta, although I strongly feel that it is not the app solely and it has something more to do with this beta.

When I first enrolled in the beta program, I started to experience odd behavior on my Android Auto while driving in my vehicle. At first it seemed when I would call someone they couldn't hear me on their end. I would talk and talk to no end and then finally just hang up to have them call me back. They would say that they could hear me and they were talking the entire time, but I couldn't hear them. It also happens in the reverse where I can hear them but they cannot hear me. 

This went on for a while until just recently when the beta updated this past week. I noticed that now it is as soon as I call or people call me they cannot hear me and I cannot hear them as well. This will happen on the first few calls and even sometimes this happens in mid-conversation of a call, about 5 to 10 minutes into the call. It is as if the connection, whether from Bluetooth or cord connection, is not sending/receiving the audio correctly or loses connection. If I unplug my phone from the radio then Bluetooth won't even work. So I tried turning off my Bluetooth and only then can I hear the other person on my phone.

This is a odd issue that in most cases prevents me from sending a error report as it happens when I'm driving. But I will reiterate again, this only happened or started to happen after I switched to this beta program. 

I have tried four different USB cords as well. All ranging from the stock Samsung cord to the more expensive USB type-c cords. The issue continues regardless of changes. 

If anyone else seems to be experiencing these issues or something similar please comment below so that we can get Samsung to check it out. 

I wasn't going to bring this up before I had finished a few more tests on my end but just recently I witnessed a horrible wreck happen and I tried to call 911 and couldn't get through to the police because of this issue. 
7 Replies
Johnzz4
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
I'm also having some strangeness with android auto. Sometimes there's no audio, but can't figure out a pattern, and not sure if it's beta related.
USCG1992
Halo
Options
Discussions
I have read that Google is aware of this issue and is looking into it. But from my case and testing, it didn't start until I switched to the beta program. There have been multiple glogs and posts on the web saying it's the new Android version or phones operating systems that are causing some type of glitch with the Google Android Auto App. And that may be very true, but, before I was on the Beta version for Samsung everything was fine. Whether or not that switch coupled with possible issues with Google and the App themselves have anything to do with it is unknown.

I just want Samsung to look into it if they already aren't. It's a possibility that with the two power giants working on it they can and will figure it out. I use Android Auto all the time.
0 Likes
Johnzz4
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
Same.. just started happening with beta for me as well. I'm sure they'll get it sorted
Flexte
Astronaut
Options
Discussions
My issue is diferent. The call won't even go through. One scenerio is that I say hey good call Tom. Nothing happens unless I disconnect the USB cable. As soon as I do the phone start dialing. The second issue is that it calls and hangs up in less than second.
USCG1992
Halo
Options
Discussions
I've experienced this issue as well but I cleared the cache on the app and it went away. Now all that remains is the issues above. Weird....
0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello,

Please try force stopping the app, clearing its cache and rebooting your device. If issue continues, please send us an error report to help us debug the issue. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your contribution to the beta program.

Regards

One UI Beta Team

0 Likes
USCG1992
Halo
Options
Discussions
I have done all of the above that you mentioned with the exception of sending an error report. As I mentioned, sending an error report while driving is dangerous.
0 Likes