Did you mean: 

Original topic:

App problems

(Topic created: 10-20-2021 04:31 PM)
ZACHKON
Comet
Options
Discussions
Anyone experiencing app issues like apps crashing and closing out at random times and everything like that or am I the only one 
11 Replies
MochaVex
Supernova
Options
Discussions
Just Apple Music. Random apps seem to just crash for no apparent reason for some users.
0 Likes
ZACHKON
Comet
Options
Discussions
For me it has been clapper I use that for content creating
0 Likes
RipWashington
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
No...there have been various reports of apps randomly crashing. I submitted a report yesterday of TikTok continuously crashing. Not totally unexpected during beta trials as we volunteered to make note of these issues to help enable the developers to produce a stable final product.

What confounds me is people volunteer (not YOU, specifically) and then complain voraciously about their phones not performing as expected instead of simply reporting whatever issues they experience. I'm continually asking myself, "what did they expect?" Even a newbie like myself understands "beta" software indicates a system still in the development stage.

There's obviously something about these reactions that I don't understand.
0 Likes
Leify
Comet
Options
Discussions
My issue is the response to reporting an issue. I'm blamed for something I could no way cause and was fine before. They try to tell me I'm doing it or they just outright say it's not going to be fixed in the "that's not a bug it's a feature" mentality that they won't have to do anything about it then. I am reporting things but they're ignored and closed or I get told those things. It begins to make people feel like it's a bit disingenuous to even be asked to report when the responses are so hostile and useless.
0 Likes
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Discussions
I get the pop up "xxx app crashed" ... wait ... close

It's very random and inconsistent - I may see an app crash once or twice, but never again

List:
Gmail
GBoard
SmartThings
Google Calendar
YouTube
Google Messages
Play Store
... ad nauseum

It's no doubt the underlying Android infrastructure causing it.

And something else, none of those apps were launched by me, so obviously background processes
Thegma
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
My crypto.com app won't even open... Also the Fidelity app won't install. At first it wouldn't update, so I uninstalled it. Now it won't install.
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Discussions
Someone posted in Tips, that the most current update to Fidelity now works - might want to check it out
0 Likes
ChevyMan1
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
Facebook Messenger
0 Likes
bluefire
Comet
Options
Discussions
Some apps aren't compatible with Android 12 yet. This is an issue with the app developer.

2nd, the system will remove app permissions if the app is not in use. Or if we removed some requiered permissions the apps start to missbehave and crash. Check the permissions to each missbehaving app.

For example, Samsung Wereable stopped working because I removed permission to "nearby devices" that was requiered for app to work. I returned the permission and it started working normal again.