Did you mean: 

Original topic:

As it is a hot topic, Animations!

(Topic created: 09-08-2022 09:32 PM)
MoRadwan
Star
Options
Discussions
What makes it so hard to make smooth animations? 
If it depends on the hardware, hardware of our galaxy phones is a high-end one! So what's wrong? 

It is just for a discussion and I wanna learn how it works!
3 Replies
checkthamethod
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
I have a theory. We got plenty of power in these processors and Android companies such as Xiaomi, OnePlus and Google don't seem to have as big of a problem with this. My thought as a developer (not a Android/Samsung dev) is that One UI is just built on TouchWiz which probably contains a lot of technical debt. For those that don't know, technical debt is basically created when you first start developing foundations of a software and because of deadlines, corners are cut and bugs persist. As the software grows, the developers have to just build new features, animations on top of those bugs, creating more technical debt. Not to mention Android alone probably has its own technical debt. That's probably what's causing the random studders. Until Android or maybe just One UI is rebuilt from the ground up, maybe with a new codebase (I hear it's a mix of Java and Kotlin), we as Android lovers will always see these bugs exist to an extent. That's just my opinion. A Samsung/Android developer could probably give a better explanation.
Michael6969
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
Samsung just doesn't prioritize it for some reason. One plus and MI UI are pretty smooth.

But it's seems samsung is starting to take it seriously
USBetaModerator2
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello,
Thank you very much for your suggestion.
Your suggestion has been communicated to the developer and the development project manager is reviewing the content. After reviewing your suggestions, we will apply them to the official version if your proposal matches our concept.
We appreciate your contribution to the beta program.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team