Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

Automatic Time Revisited

(Topic created: 12-16-2021 08:02 AM)
mindsunwound
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
I finally got a message back saying why my phone is turning Automatic Time back on every time I reboot.

Apparently T-Mobile has requested that the Automatic Time be switched back on each time the phone reboots.

This is the reason I stopped buying phones from T-Mobile, and started buying Factory Unlocked phones directly from Samsung.

What is the point of even having factory unlocked phones for sale if Samsung is going to force the crappy carrier bloatware, and hamstringing settings on us anyways?

šŸ¤¬šŸ¤¬šŸ¤¬šŸ¤¬šŸ¤¬
0 Likes
10 Replies
Options
Discussions
Hello @mindsunwound
Unfortunately the carrier can mandate settings through your SIM. Even on unlocked phones (like I have) and Samsung cannot do anything about it. For example, the test menu in the dialer app is disabled by Verizon Wireless.
Hope this helps.
-SteadyStatus21
mindsunwound
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
No, it doesn't really help, because this didn't start happening until it joined the beta, so no I don't have any reason to believe this is because of the SIM card. This is an Android 12 Beta issue.
0 Likes
Options
Discussions
I own Samsung S20 Ultra unlocked SM-G988U1 on Tmobile network and automatic time does not switch back On if turned off at reboot
mindsunwound
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
And you are on the Android 12 Beta? So there's no reason this should be happening on the base S20.
0 Likes
Options
Discussions
Yes, on Tmobile network with 3rd Beta update and no issues or crashes since installed the Beta software
0 Likes
mindsunwound
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
It sounds to me like either they put more effort into the Android build compatibility with the s20 ultra, or the s20 ultra is just a more stable device...
0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello @mindsunwound ,

Thank you for your feedback. If you havenā€™t already, Please update Samsung members app to latest version from galaxy store and send us an error report immediately after experiencing the issue from the Samsung memberā€™s app -> Beta Feedback -> Error Reports to help us debug the issue. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your contribution to the beta program.

Please make a note in error report that this only started happening after updating to beta software.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

mindsunwound
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
@USBetaModerator I have been submitting error reports every time it happens, but I almost always get blown off. The last excuse that was given was this T-Mobile one, despite the fact that I'm not on a T-Mobile phone.

Multiple reports have been responded to with "no logs" despite following the instructions to stay in the members app until I get the message the logs were successful, multiples told me that it was fixed in the next version (the next version being ZUL1 which I am on), it is very discouraging that it appears that this is not being addressed, at all.
0 Likes
mindsunwound
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
@USBetaModerator to be frank, my problem isn't really with the automatic Time setting, it is with the fact that the Time Zone setting is inside the automatic Time Setting. If you look at a current version Tab A7, the time zone setting is seperate from the automatic Time, so you can have automatic Time on, and manually set what time zone you want your system to be on.

If that one change could be made to the structure of the settings so that I could have the time zone set manually I wouldn't care that automatic Time was on.
0 Likes