Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Bad news!

(Topic created: 11-11-2023 10:07 AM)
Options
Discussions
From what I have been seeing nothing has changed in stable or recommendations us beta testers worked so hard to push and talk about. It seems samsung just has a auto response to your suggestions but they could care less. The one ui team and leadership go into the new builds of one ui with a idea of what they would like to change. I hate to say it but I believe we are just here to tell them about bugs we are encountering. They could care less about our suggestions to actual os design changes etc... this is so discouraging! Makes me think twice about joining the beta year after year when we get nothing out of it. This will probably be my last it was fun hanging with all of you. 

:clinking_beer_mugs:
8 Replies
SBoogie
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
Probably won't see more actual os design changes until 6.1 or One UI 7
Options
Discussions
That's the problem we all have such good ideas collectively it almost feels like samsung is nervous to make these changes because there wouldn't be something for next year to change. We could make the perfect os for all of the Samsung community. And it's not like we're not qualified I myself have experience in OS design and I just don't see the one ui team being ambitious.
BHW658
Halo
Options
Discussions
I was happy to participate again. The waitin, the bitchin, the moanin kinda brings us together a bit.

They probably do only so much at a time. Apparently it doesn't seem to be that easy, being there were 9 betas.
Moreover, if they did everything at once there wouldn't be much to do for future updates, then folks would be upset having nothing to look forward to. I dunno...
The best to all!! ✌🏼😉

JumpingHoses
Nebula
Options
Discussions
If you consider what beta testing is supposed to be, it really is a focus on bugs, robustness and usability.

In other beta tests I've been in, there's 0 consideration for any design changes or suggestions. Samsung is actually more cooperative than I've seen other companies be, although their beta versions are also more unfinished.

I don't think anyone should go into these betas expecting their suggestions to be incorporated. It's mainly testing for bugs or major design flaws.
Options
Discussions
Well after 2 years of nagging them about CRT off animations, I got them lol so I'm pretty happy to be part of that exemption.
Options
Discussions
I will say even iceuniverse on X blasts Samsung about their lack of animations and haptics. Side by side comparisons with other OS it just doesn't look good. If you spending $1200 retail for a phone I expect the OS to match the design and Samsung knows how to design phones no dought about that. I think just the like the Korean cars they should hire UI designers from apple and Google to join the team we would see a crazy different I just think the One UI team doesn't have the technical skills to achieve the fluidity we see with pixel os and ios 😞
BHW658
Halo
Options
Discussions
Agree. And many folks are testing using their driver phones and then a bug becomes a bigger problem for them.
✌🏼

Tokas
Halo
Options
Discussions
It's exactly what beta is all about unfortunately.