Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Battery Life on beta 7 vs One UI 5.1

(Topic created: 10-17-2023 08:34 AM)
Options
Discussions

I see people talking about battery better life on Beta 7, and I wanted to compare the difference.

Im on Android 13 UI 5.1 S 23 Ultra

With Everything on,  Location you name it, Highest Resolution ,no battery saving setting turned on

Here's my battery stats on how long the battery will last (estimated) but its really close.

About 2 to 3 days. Does Your beta 7 experience reflect this type of battery life? 5.1 is amazing IMO

Feel free to share so we can make sure the release V is up to par (at leas close if not better than android 13)

RobXbalboa_0-1697547172185.png

12 Replies
MarvinMod2
Comet
Options
Discussions
I've been saying that Android 13 one UI 5 battery life was significantly better than where we are at now with Android 14 one UI 6. Same goes for RAM usage and CPU usage. Although one UI 6 is great, one UI-5 was way better on battery life and system core usage. Especially the camera, I wish I could post videos here for comparison as I am highly not impressed with the camera quality on one UI 6. With that said, should one UI 6 go live before these things are addressed, I have one UI5 latest version ready to install. 🖖Screenshot_20231017_080823_Device care.jpg
Options
Discussions
My battery life is much more on par with what you are showing... 1 Day 9 hours on a full charge. The initial post for this thread showed 3 days.
Never have I seen that with the S22U or S23U.
I also run MS Launcher and tons of other customizations, widgets etc. 1 Day plus has been the norm with OneUI5 or 6.
DeltaBravo94
Comet
Options
Discussions
Here's my battery info, just took off charger. Mine is S23 base edition.Screenshot_20231017_101030_Device care_1000002301_1697551830.pngScreenshot_20231017_101051_Device care_1000002303_1697551851.png
MarvinMod2
Comet
Options
Discussions
That is horrible. I have the ultra. Truth be told I'm starting to get a little irritated with Samsung as I don't feel that they are listening to their testers very much. I remember when I was developing ROMs, when someone would post about a bug issue, we'd at least respond and let them know that it's being worked on and usually fixed by the next build. My personal opinion is they could do much better. I mean I find it funny how all of my error reports went through without issues but the error reports for the camera which is more than one I keep getting response back that there were no logs or that it was a day later that the log was generated. This tells me that they're giving an excuse because they're not worried about the camera. But looking at battery life CPU and RAM usage, I'm amazed that they have not been on this issue.
Ariscott56
Supernova
Options
Discussions
I agree with this 100% because the same thing happened to me twice. Every time I sent the same answer, logs would take an infinite amount of time to generate and I'd end up accidentally closing the app out 30 minutes into the process.
I compared my Watch5 and Watch6, and the input speed was miles better on the Watch5, so I don't know why this would be hard for Samsung to figure out on their own. They're running the same OS version1697556678009_1697556678000_0.png
DeltaBravo94
Comet
Options
Discussions
Maybe production release will surprise us in a good way.

Yes, even I would like better battery life, however it's not the biggest negative to me as it will be to lots of other users. I'm 54, on Disability, meaning no job to report to, I'm at home most of the time with the charger available always.
TerraRyven
Astronaut
Options
Discussions
I legit reported battery life issues on the last beta update and got told today it's because of social media. How are you going to tell me that when I compare the before and after, your only response is social media? Like, I use that exactly the same as before. I wish they wouldn't try to blame shift
Options
Discussions

WOW guys. I saw those 2 screenshots. 1st one was 100% and said Estimated life 1 day 8 hours WHY?

The other one is also 100% and estimates 18 hours? OMG

Thats worse than I imagined (I opted out at beta 1 as The DJI Fly app wouldn't work and I needed my Drones)

Im sure this will improve to be Amazing, Samsung does deliver. But whew 18 hours WOW.

Hoping to see someone with a GOOD REPORT. (fingers crossed)

Dakuanb
Comet
Options
Discussions
I think it depends on how much you use it. I have a s22+ and I barely use it, standby time was 4d at 100% last time I checked it. It dropped since I stared using it to like 1d2h 😅