Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

Battery Protection Mode and Heat

(Topic created: 12-04-2021 05:30 PM)
mindsunwound
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
So I've been using the Battery Protection feature and I've noticed that the phone becomes hot, and stays hot after the 85% cutoff while the phone is attached to a charger, this is not helped by turning off fast charging and super fast charging.

Contrarily with battery protection off, it heats up while charging, then cools off after hitting 100%
0 Likes
4 Replies
Frbky
Comet
Options
Discussions
Huh, I'm not using those protection features and my phone never gets very hot except somewhat when doing a system software update. It gets a little warm while charging - always has. I never turn off fast charging.
mindsunwound
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
That is normal for me too, but I decided to try the battery protection setting, and it just gets hot and stays hot at 85~84%
0 Likes
Frbky
Comet
Options
Discussions
Sounds like a bug that makes the feature counterproductive! I suggest reporting the issue through the feedback item in this app, if you haven't already.
0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello @mindsunwound ,

Thank you for your feedback. If you havenā€™t already, Please update Samsung members app to latest version from galaxy store and send us an error report immediately after experiencing the issue from the Samsung memberā€™s app -> Beta Feedback -> Error Reports to help us debug the issue. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your contribution to the beta program.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes