Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

Battery life Galaxy Watch 4

(Topic created: 07-03-2023 06:55 AM)
07mustangman
Constellation
Options
Discussions

I just joined the beta program for my Galaxy watch 4. Seems to be the battery life is even worse than before is that normal in this beta? Wasn't the best in the world to start with but does seem to be worse than before. Just wondering if it will get better.

7 Replies
OffDatGoGo
Comet
Options
Discussions

Had to log out to reply. Samsung fix your beta forum!

Anyway, my battery life improved greatly after rebooting into recovery and wiping cashe.

It's still not as good as before any beta firmware but better then losing 40% overnight while a sleep.

Recovery: power off watch. Power on watch while holding both side buttons at the the same time. When you see "Samsung" with "rebooting...." under it, quickly tap the upper button (power button) 3x. Once menu appears, navigate with power button to "Recovery" (highlighted in blue) then press and hold power button. Now in recovery, navigate with bottom button to "Wipe cashe partition". Press power button. Navigate to "Yes" and press power button.

I personally wipe cashe 3x (OCD LOL) before rebooting.

Right after installing an update I allow the device to boot up BEFORE wiping cashe. Wait until the notification message "update complete" or "finished." Then wipe cashe. Do that on any device after a firmware update.

Hope that helps. 

07mustangman
Constellation
Options
Discussions

Thank you for your response.  Yes I tried your fix and it seems to have helped a lot.  I also received a update the next day.  Battery life seems to greatly improved since doing both steps.  Thanks again.

0 Likes
USBetaModerator2
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello,
Thank you for suggesting the solution. We appreciate your contribution to the Beta community.
Regards,
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes
OffDatGoGo
Comet
Options
Discussions

Why was my comment not selected as a solution & liked if it helped? Oh well, beta forum sucks again šŸ˜­šŸ¤£

0 Likes
lray801
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
Last update took my excellent battery life baby to the crappy battery life I had prior to that update. Please undo that battery opportunity that you did because it clearly didn't optimize the battery.
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Discussions
you need to post this in the beta community forum. additionally, your battery life experience is to be expected after you receive an OS update...your device is working to process all of the new aspects of the new OS.
0 Likes
lray801
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
For the life of me, I can't find that forum šŸ˜‚
0 Likes