Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Battery 🔋

(Topic created: 09-16-2023 07:31 PM)
userlQcCM1wRc8
Red Giant
Options
Discussions
8.5 hours of SOT with videos, internet, reading, this beta forum, etc.

Still 40% juice left. 
Battery life is good😊

9 Replies
Mike-B
Comet
Options
Discussions
Mine is 12h 7m with 47% left.Screenshot_20230916_194220_Device care.jpgScreenshot_20230916_194210_Device care.jpg
userlQcCM1wRc8
Red Giant
Options
Discussions
Does the 12 hours SOT include AOD?
I don't use AOD.

The 4 hour difference in SOT is substantial.

Beta or no beta, I have never achieved those stats!
Mike-B
Comet
Options
Discussions
No I don't use AOD and I'm very good at setting up the phone and I actually keep an eye on a live log through adb on my computer or switch it to the phone by changing the tcpip port. I set up all of the apps that I don't need or use to go directly to sleep and other apps are disabled outright and prevented from running period. It's taken quite a lot of time to learn everything I have but it's been done since flip phones really haha.
userlQcCM1wRc8
Red Giant
Options
Discussions
Ha! Yes, the good old days of flip phones!

Sounds like I have more work to do.
Many of my unused apps are in deep sleep. The adaptive learning for the phone does this automatically.

Is there a way to put all apps to sleep other than going through them one by one on the phone?

What is the live log monitoring tool? Does it connect via USB?

You have everything on, such as GPS, Bluetooth, etc.?
Mike-B
Comet
Options
Discussions
The live log is through adb which you'd have to use windows command prompt and adb tools. I go through the apps 1 by 1 either in adb on my computer or through the phone itself. There's probably some apps that you could use like debloating apps but I would warn against doing that if you don't know or understand what the app is for because disabling or removing any apps that are essential could cause a no boot or constant reboot where you won't even get a chance to fix it and you'll be forced to factory reset, don't ask me how I know that lmao. Yes I pretty much have everything I need or use on WiFi, location, Bluetooth, quick share, nearby share, multi control, link to windows etc.. I also don't have the screen brightness further than halfway. Also it's best to spend time to go through the apps at least a few times 1 by 1 to learn what they specifically are and yeah, that's a pain with over 450 apps when you include system apps.
userlQcCM1wRc8
Red Giant
Options
Discussions
Right there with you on the apps, plus, third party launcher, Microsoft. It's surprisingly good.
Several third party utilities, like Dynamic Spot (inspired by Apple, but better) AOD Notifier (highly customized notifications for the lock screen and blinking light notifications) Calendar Reminder (the answer to Google's complete innept ability to customize snooze with reminders), to name a few. All of these take some extra juice, so maybe I'm right where I should be. But, good for thought, and room for improvement with some of the other apps on board.
12 hours+ screen time and 47% left is inspiring!
46m3csl
Nebula
Options
Discussions
Mine isn't as good Screenshot_20230915_235325_Device care.jpg
0 Likes
usergZ42t4mNyZ
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
Too bad the gesture animations , especially when closing apps , are atrocious. How many more years till Samsung implemented non-linear animation like Apple ? Ugh
0 Likes
USBetaModerator2
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello,
Thank you for your feedback.

We appreciate your contribution to the Beta Program.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes