Options
Discussions
something about a "watched pot"....
0 Likes
TopherLee
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
Ask the carriers... They are testing it, and once they approve it, it'll be released on Samsung Servers for us... But the stringent, nit picking the carriers do, is holding it up right now...
C4RR1LL0
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
You sure about that ? Unlock phones are not attached to any carriers
Options
Discussions
Things changed. Samsung no longer pushes updates directly to unlocked phones. They allowed carriers to determine when to push them out. If you have an unlocked S21 with a T-Mobile SIM, you'll have to wait for T-Mobile to push out the update to your unlocked phone. I hate this, but oh well
Doctor3825
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
When did this change? I was getting direct pushes from samsung before carriers as recently as last year.
Options
Discussions
That's not how that works... Even if it is (it isn't) you can always remove your SIM and check for updates anyway.
You might be referring to a carrier phone that later got unlocked, afaik factory unlocked ones are fine
userV5du9bPdNc
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
Mines factory unlocked and installed AT&T firmware when I put in the Sim. I think they changed this in the USA, it wasn't like this b4
0 Likes
userV5du9bPdNc
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
My unlocked phone still uses the AT&T firmware... I'm not happy about it but nothing I can do so just waiting. (Apparently in the US the firmware is installed based on the carrier sim.)
0 Likes
Claykin
Comet
Options
Discussions
Nit picky TMobile should fix their 3 week old provisioning issue.
0 Likes
Rafmetal
Astronaut
Options
Discussions
I have the s21 ultra unlocked us version
0 Likes