Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Beta 4 Gallery fix

(Topic created: 10-10-2022 05:47 AM)
CubZeke
Comet
Options
Discussions
Samsung mentioned that they finally enabled the feature to hide the recent and favorite album...which is sort of a half truth. When you first open the gallery app, you'll see the recent/favorite albums. You have the ability to click on the three arrows and tap "select albums to show". At this point, you can "Hide" both the recent and favorite album.

However, the issue still presents itself when you click on "view all" to see your entire photo album collection. Once again, the recent and favorite album are present and visible. Only this time around, you cannot hide them. Even if you tap on the three dots on the upper right corner and then tap "Hide Albums", you cannot hide them. It will not show up on the list. 🤨

Tl;Dr, Samsung didn't really allow us to hide the recent/favorite albums. Even if you did hid them on "select albums to show", they will still appear when you tap on "View all". Try it out and see it for yourselves.

12 Replies
For-You
Red Giant
Options
Discussions
View all album means all yes? Even the hide ones.
CubZeke
Comet
Options
Discussions
This is wrong. Go and click "view all>hide albums". Hide any album besides the recent and favorite ones and tell me if you see the hidden album. Recent and favorites shouldn't be there in the first place if the person wants them hidden. That's the whole point. I do not want them to show up.
0 Likes
Options
Discussions
I'm thinking maybe you should select the rest of the albums that you want to show, that way you spent in need of having to push the button to show 'ALL" albums.
xlevix10
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
That's odd because I turned off "select albums to show" so it defaults to showing all of my albums and I don't see the recents or favorites folders at all.

I did have them in a group during the beta 3 update so they'd be hidden and after the 4 update, deleted the group, which deleted those folders, so maybe that's why? Not sure.
0 Likes
CubZeke
Comet
Options
Discussions
This is when you click on "View all" albums and then they still continue to show up. At this point, "Hide Albums" won't allow you to hide these two albums.
0 Likes
xlevix10
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
I would suggest turning off "select albums to show." This will default to showing all of your albums, but it won't show recents or favorites. You can also hide albums in this view, so it's the exact same thing but without those two folders being there.Screenshot_20221010_084530_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20221010_084541_Gallery.jpg
CubZeke
Comet
Options
Discussions
Thank you so much!!! I did not realize there was an settings option in gallery. This did the trick and I am so relieved.
CubZeke
Comet
Options
Discussions
I've attached some photos of how it looks like when you "Hide" the albums on "select albums to show". Now, this is what it looks like when you click on "View all" and try to hide the recent/favorite albums. There's no option to hide them at all at this point. Regardless if you hid them when you used the "select albums to show", both albums will still up when you click on "View all" Screenshot_20221009_234506_Gallery_1000000566_1665384653.jpgScreenshot_20221009_233557_Gallery_1000000564_1665384179.jpg
0 Likes
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Discussions
Once the 4th beta landed, both the favorites and recents album were removed from my Gallery app. can't find them anywhere. very odd.
0 Likes