(Topic created: 10-21-2022 09:35 AM)
Options
Discussions
*pros 
- smoother animations closing and opening applications
- lots of intial BETA bugs fixed 
-some new lock screen animations and clock design change 
-some new features in settings
-new icon changes however, was pulled and we're stuck with the same icons since intital release of One UI 

*Cons
- No car crash detection feature 
- visual overhaul of the system, practically the same since the first release of ONE ui
- task bar/ notification bar no new animations or cool features added/ visual overhaul. Would have loved to see options to change the circular icons of the notification bar maybe even allow us to change the depth/size of the brightness slider in my opinion to small for my big fat fingers
-color pallette not working for all applications and settings
-No new icons 
-No options to adjust or customize always on display like the lockscreen clock, in my opinion would love a bigger clock style like the lock screen on my always on as I sometimes glance at my phone for the time from across the room on a charger
-no new or exciting unlock animations to the home screen.
-no new fingerprint animations/ options to choose new animations, personally I have shut mine off as I don't like the "water affect" 
-besides new visuals to the lockscreen it feels the same as one Ui 4 not much implementations of all my recommendations from previous betas 
-keyboard still not as good as Gboard in my opinion
-would love to see a change in the notification bar and some visual changes to how wifi icons looks battery percentage takes up to much room would personally prefer the battery percentage to be inside the battery icon. Allows us to change the size of the icons on the notification bar. Subtle little changes like this makes a difference
-wallpaper scrolling!

Thanks for reading team Samsung 

11 Replies
TipsyTrex
Supernova
Options
Discussions
I will die on the hill that Samsung has made the right decision and oneUI is better for not changing its interface visuals like a typical tech company
kiol890
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
ANIMATIONS ARE SLOW AND BORING LIKE APPLE WE WANT FASTER ANIMATIONA
Dhawk1202
Comet
Options
Discussions
You can always quicken the animations in developer options. ...
kiol890
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
I already have it at .5 x but still slow
0 Likes
Options
Discussions
Just go to dev options and change to your preference Screenshot_20221021_135402_Settings.jpg
Options
Discussions
Nova Launcher has more customization features, wallpaper scrolling, change icon packs to name a few. Goodlock also adds some well good stuff.
Pretty happy overall with the design choices. Android 13 player would be nice.
0 Likes
Options
Discussions
Love me some NOVA launcher but I love swipe gestures and it's just a fact that it's broken with swipe navigation gestures. I would love to switch but I would have to root and do all this stuff to get it to work which I don't want to risk
Options
Discussions
Hmm... I just did two-finger swipe from the bottom to open up the split screen. Worked well in Nova.
I prefer the soft buttons at the bottom as I also program them with Bixby Routines.

When I tried out the swiping gestures from the bottom, back, and minimize app it worked well also, just not my cup of tea.

Have you tried Nova Beta 8.0.3?
Seems to have e worked out all the kinks and is very polished.
0 Likes
userCj4ykgbi3R
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
The Samsung keyboard is complete trash. Just wanted to throw that out there. Swipe is absolute garbage.