cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Asteroid

Beta One UI 3.0: 5g Connection Inconsistent

Cannot connect most of the time on my S20 with 5g on TMO. I have to change network settings to 4g LTE most of the time. Prior to the beta, it always connected.
7 REPLIES 7
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Beta One UI 3.0: 5g Connection Inconsistent

do you have the new Sim for them if not contact them to get the new Sim card to access the full service, also you are not alone with the 5g issue with the beta version and I would recommend that you generate a error report and send it to the beta moderator
Galaxy

The 5G was garbage before the beta. I can attest that this person is correct. I also have (had) to switch to the 4g lte setting as well to get better service.
Cosmic Ray

I have issues with APN. MMS doesn't go through on ATT. tried resetting it too and rebooting. Smiley Sad
Galaxy

I have a Ultra on Sprint/T-Mobile and was having issues before the beta with the phone going to LTE+ and refusing to do 5G. I call them and then whatever signal they send and have me reboot it works. but yeah since the beta this had not happened yet to me....
Cosmic Ray

Re: Re: Beta One UI 3.0: 5g Connection Inconsistent

you know you can go pick up a new tmobile sim right for your sprint s20 so you get the standalone 5G. 5G is way more reliable after switching out the sprint sim for a tmobile one
Beta Moderator

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback. Network connectivity issues may be more effectively resolved by directly contacting your carrier. However, if the issues persist, please send us an error report to help us debug the issue. Please also keep an eye out for any other issues you may encounter. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your contribution to the beta program.

Regards

One UI Beta Team

Galaxy

Change your Access Point Name. You have to add it the new Access Point Name should be:

epc.t-mobile.com

clipboard_image_1603328292743.jpg