Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Beta woes

(Topic created: 08-30-2023 10:18 AM)
ph03n1x
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
I have come across numerous posts stating that this is a beta build and, as such, it is expected to have bugs and issues. However, as a software developer myself, I do not expect a beta build to be this buggy. Software testing and quality assurance are integral parts of the development process and these issues should not have passed the alpha phase. I feel that Samsung may have been desperate to make the Android 14 beta available to users, perhaps in an attempt to stay ahead of their competitors.
Dwyt-Eise
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
Hey Tex, You are Probably a user rather than a Tinkerer. When I designed Data Collection input Forms for Engineers I would use a few to test. An Engineer is
like a Kid, gotta try it, whether told NO or not. [Caution: (DO NOT Press the Go Back button until you finish this Field ... ) ]

The engineer thinks, 'huh?! I wonder what would happen if I did?' Then they hit the No No Back button.
They twisted my Forms into knots. I had to **bleep** Proof Everything!!
But I understand how they
think... I am an ME !

Just picking on you Tex. You probably are very organized
and stay between
the lines, ( An Expression of Speach).
I like Android, Linux, etc., because sky's the Iimit with those as far as configurability, tweaks, personal Preferences ...

Have you attempted to test if your S23 device could recreate the issues others have reported? If several are reporting
the same issue but you have no problems, maybe you are
using a different OS
0 Likes
Shadowfalx
Nebula
Options
Discussions
That's.... wrong.

An engineer isn't someone who just pushes a button. They first think about what a button does, then try to think what "this" button could do, then figure out how it does it. They won't need to push the button right away, they may not ever need to push the button.

The person who pushed the button is the tester. They don't need to know what it does, because the results will tell them. They don't care how it works, because the results will speak for itself.

If your engineers are just pushing buttons in your data collection forms, it's because they were acting as testers or because they UI was bad enough they couldn't figure out the function.
camb8
Nebula
Options
Discussions
Well the update is tomorrow
0 Likes
camb8
Nebula
Options
Discussions
Samsung is trying push it to August 31st or 1st of sep
Options
Discussions
I've played games like Mass Effect: Andromeda that were pushed out as " complete and bug - free" , so yeah, it could be worse.
DeltaBravo94
Comet
Options
Discussions
Yes it's beta. Expect bugs. I don't know what you developed, but you do come across something that needed refined. And I doubt you built anything as big as either an Android OS or Samsung UI.

I myself have found a few bugs, and I reported them. Nothing major.
ph03n1x
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
I hope you understand that one ui is built over android that is already provided by google. One ui is basicaly a skin not something too big or complicated.
0 Likes
DeltaBravo94
Comet
Options
Discussions
OK then build one without any bugs first try.

Yes, I'm aware One UI is a skin of Android, both of which are in beta. This still doesn't change the fact there's going to be bugs in beta. I was aware it would have them, and still became a beta tester without complaining about the bugs.
Shadowfalx
Nebula
Options
Discussions

Just a skin, with hundreds of new features and thousands of points that interact with the underlying OS.

I bet (if you get the reference) you think Ubuntu is "just a skin" over Linux and the developers don't really have a huge task keeping it working as Linux and all the apps are updated.

Let me further guess, your programming experience is a "hello world" program in visual basic?
ph03n1x
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
The comparison of Ubuntu with One UI explains your programming experience.
0 Likes