Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Bixby Routine for Screen Resolution not fully working

(Topic created on: 12/15/20 12:51 PM)
sleepcycl
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
I have it set to change the screen resolution to max resolution when I open certain apps like YouTube, but when I open YouTube I still can't change the videos to 1440p, it locks in at 1080p. Also when you cannot use picture in picture as it breaks the phone and starts opening random apps and the screen glitches and jumps around until you can manage to close YouTube. I don't get an errors when this happens so I cannot put in a diagnostic report or whatever.
0 Likes
4 Replies
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello,

Please try force stopping the app, clearing its cache and rebooting your device. If issue continues, please send us an error report to help us debug the issue. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your contribution to the beta program.

Regards

One UI Beta Team

0 Likes
Eddyo1993
Halo
Options
Discussions
The videos you are watching that is locked at 1080 is likely a 1080 video.
0 Likes
sleepcycl
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
obviously I know the difference between a video locked at 1080p and a 4k one. I tested it out with and without bixby routines and it is a common issue other people have. your response is not helpful or necessary as I don't think anyone using the beta is that dense that they don't know the difference between resolutions and how they work. thanks though.
0 Likes
Eddyo1993
Halo
Options
Discussions
neither is your response. if it was a common problem it'd be throughout the forum. I'd use YouTube Vance and see how that works out. within that app you can force all videos to higher resolutions.
0 Likes