Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Block OTA Update

(Topic created: 10-30-2021 03:37 AM)
Gdm783
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
I didn't withdraw from the beta before rolling back to Android 11. After rolling back the beta updates installed. I need to prevent the latest update (10/22) from installing to keep Mobileiron working. It's already downloaded and due to force install tomorrow at 5pm. Can I delete the update fine and prevent it from installing? 
0 Likes
10 Replies
Options
Discussions
Have your tried withdrawing from the beta program as a solution?
0 Likes
Gdm783
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
I withdrew from the program after the 10/22 update was downloaded. Unfortunately the phone is still wanting to install it. I tried clearing the system cache and finding the downloaded file, but I couldn't find it in the file system. I turned off install updates in the developer settings, but this update still wants to install.
0 Likes
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Discussions
Allow it to install, then Withdraw / Downgrade
0 Likes
Gdm783
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
I'm trying to avoid another factory reset
0 Likes
funztastico
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
Same happened to me I withdrew and the beta reinstalled the 3rd beta had been a lot smoother for me with some of the apps I needed working now when they didn't on beta 1-2 . Let me know if you figure it out .
0 Likes
MochaVex
Supernova
Options
Discussions
Use adb to uninstall the system updates app. I did this on my grandparents phones because they hate updates 😂

Package Viewer 2.0 on the playstore will list each available package you can uninstall. Google pm uninstall commands.
0 Likes
Gdm783
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
I deleted app:Software update
package:com.wssyncmldm. The notification is gone so now we'll see if the update is skipped at 5:11pm tonight. God bless your grandparents for being Android users and not lousy iphones.
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello @Gdm783 ,

We do not recommend deleting packages on the device for  software update.  Your deregistration has been successful and if you still receive updates, please DM us We will make changes to your IMEI to not be part of future beta updates.

Regards
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes
MochaVex
Supernova
Options
Discussions
Cool! You can reinstall it at anytime using the install-existing command.. Don't let beta mod scare you 😂 I've dealt with disabling system packages with my S9+
0 Likes