Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

Camera bug in both beta 2 and 3

(Topic created: 10-23-2021 06:05 AM)
user3W9W5f9cCq
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
I found this bug in beta 2 but it seems it's worse in beta 3. The 3x optical zoom camera is very slow to "turn on" in beta 2 but I can't even trigger it in beta 3. For example, I start my camera and stay in 1x mode (main camera), and then I cover the main camera with my finger, and then switch to the 3x mode. Ideally this will trigger the optical zoom and you should be able to see the view in the viewfinder at this point but it still shows being covered by my finger, meaning the camera doesn't really switch from 1x to 3x (the dedicated optical camera), even though the display shows you switched. This can also be seen from the pictures taken. Lots of the 3x photos have a f1.8 which is incorrect because the real 3x should be f2.4. It seems that this only happens on the 3x. I tried all the other lenses and they are ok. Please fix. I have submitted a bug report on this.
8 Replies
KH445
Comet
Options
Discussions
Yup same here
0 Likes
PaperStation
Supernova
Options
Discussions
Wait 1x 3x camera? I thought the main camera the 108 megapixel one handles 1x to 3x . The top one is the ultra wide (0.6x) that is only 12 megapixel.. why would you want to use the lower resolution one for 1x? then the 10x zoom would finally go to the bottom lens but that sensor is only 10 megapixel
0 Likes
user3W9W5f9cCq
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
No there are 4 cameras on this phone... The small one to the right of the main one is the 3x optical zoom.
0 Likes
PaperStation
Supernova
Options
Discussions
oh I didn't know I always felt the small camera in the right was the macro one for super up close

I need to go pull up a spec manual now lol

I'm learning found out all the camera now.

when I switch to 3x mines switched to the small right camera (e) but when I switch to 10x it would briefly switch to (d) then back to e which I covered with my finger then once I go pass 10 it switches back bottom lens (d) so it is buggy but I never really tested how it was before betaScreenshot_20211024-082617_Chrome_13438.jpg
user3W9W5f9cCq
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
Interesting. Definitely buggy, I don't think it was doing that in One UI 3. Mine in beta 3 can not trigger the 3x no matter what I tried. But the rest of it works ok. So they need to fix it.
0 Likes
XerxesN
Astronaut
Options
Discussions
This seems like it's an issue with the switching algorithm for the 3x camera. For example, if you engage the 3x when close to an object it will actually just use the 1x with digital zoom, but when further away it should engage the actual 3x camera. It sounds like they broke this switching process. Submit bug reports šŸ™‚
0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello @user3W9W5f9cCq ,

Thank you very much for reporting the issue to us. We appreciate your contribution to the Beta community.

Regards

One UI Beta Team

0 Likes
PaperStation
Supernova
Options
Discussions
Are we sure this is a bug? In s21 ultra review mkbhd specifically says everything from 1-3x is zoom in on the primary camera, everything from 3x to 10x is either zoomed in on primary camera or the secondary one depending on lighting conditions
https://youtu.be/tn2AgrwXpNQ

around 11:50 min mark . I was wondering why sometimes it switches fine and sometimes it doesn't but it seems having my finger on it will someone cause it to switch to since that does affect lighting
0 Likes