Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Camera getting worse

(Topic created: 10-09-2023 05:49 AM)
Options
Discussions
I'm not sure if anyone else has noticed but.....the camera has routinely been getting worse as the Beta has gone on. There's a considerable amount of lag, the phone starts heating up during use (moreso than what's normal) and the battery drain is awful. There's a ton of over sharpening ON TOP of noise reduction so zooming in gives you quite awful photos. Trying to take photos at a concert are unusable due to the awful shutter. This is quite a step down from when I first purchased this S23 Ultra. See below for comparison of stock camera vs GCam which obviously has a much better noise profile and sharpening algorithm. If you zoom in, you can see how the GCam port keeps everything sharp and doesn't apply any sort of sharpening. Particularly in the windows behind the light pole.

Stock Camera

Gcam

18 Replies
Options
Discussions
Well.... Didn't realize how badly the Members app compresses photos. My bad.
0 Likes
JesterPizzle
Nebula
Options
Discussions
I haven't noticed any of these issues. But I am bummed that since Beta 6 the Expert Raw camera won't update. What is Gcam?
Options
Discussions
Gcam is a modded Google Camera from the Pixel line - there's tons of developers who fine tune everything about the processing and it takes better pictures than the stock camera app like 90% of the time. It's faster too, less shutter lag, less noise - like considerably less noise. Give me a second and I'll post a comparison.
0 Likes
userlQcCM1wRc8
Red Giant
Options
Discussions
Do you have a link to a recent APK version that does not crash after each photo?
0 Likes
Options
Discussions
I'm using the LMC8.8 Gcam
0 Likes
torresjere
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
Which XML are you using?
0 Likes
FNTWO187
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
I don't have the heating up problems or shutter lag you describe but I do feel that picture quality and image processing was better on one UI 5. However this is a beta after all and I do hope that final improvements come to the camera software before stable release.
USBetaModerator2
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello,
Thank you for your feedback.

Please use the latest Samsung Members app to submit an error report (Samusng Members One UI Beta Program Beta Feedback Error Report.

Note: To ensure relevant log information is included in the error report, submit the report within 3 minutes of encountering the bug or error, and do not terminate (swipe away) the Samsung Members application until you are notified that the report has been sent. This can take up to 5 minutes.

- To provide UX or UI-related feedback, such as usability or feature suggestions, select "Beta community Suggestions" in the Beta recruitment notice of Samsung Members app.

We appreciate your contribution to the Beta Program.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes
MarvinMod2
Comet
Options
Discussions
We are in beta 6 and most of us have been continuously complaining about the degradation of the camera quality. Taking videos at night is a no-go as there is so much noise it's unreal. The original poster of this thread is absolutely correct. I purchased my Galaxy s23 Ultra because of the camera it boasted, so now I'm faced with a choice if 14 goes official before the camera is fixed and that is roll back to 13 and stay there or return my device. Maybe since you being a moderator can contact Samsung an escalate the issue or maybe possibly give us some feedback.