Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Can't get rid of google maps notification in status bar

(Topic created: 11-01-2020 05:44 AM)
jjgarcia1013
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
After using Google maps directions to get home last night I can't get rid of the Google maps notification banner in the pull down status bar.  Notice the Google Podcasts banner that keeps coming back even when I haven't used the app.

13 Replies
UIV
Astronaut
Options
Discussions
the new notifications that cannot be removed by a swype are ANOYING!!! Tell me why even when I turn off notifications in the app settings do I still get something in the notifications....
Options
Discussions
I hate the new notifications! I cannot remove it no matter what! I have to go into the app setting and force close it. seriously, who thought this was a good idea? 🤨
ShortRound51
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
Long press the notification. Tap 'Remove'.
jjgarcia1013
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
The maps notification didn't have an option to remove when long pressed. I had to reboot to get rid of it.
0 Likes
userI1Vrr0c3aM
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
this happens to me too. same with spotify media controls.
NovemberDelta
Astronaut
Options
Discussions
dude thank you I didn't know how to get a screenshot of it and post!!! that's the same thing!
0 Likes
FuzzoGoBlue
Astronaut
Options
Discussions
I'm having the same issue with Google Podcasts. The app won't swipe away. I went to the app settings, then tried to swipe it off my notifications and it doesn't budge.
FuzzoGoBlue
Astronaut
Options
Discussions
I'll try Shortround51 suggestion and long press to see if that works.
0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback. If you haven’t already, please send us an error report to help us debug the issue. Please also keep an eye out for any other issues you may encounter. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your contribution to the beta program.

Regards

One UI Beta Team

0 Likes