Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Changes to Samsung Gallery App

(Topic created: 09-24-2022 01:50 PM)
Rouan
Constellation
Options
Discussions
The samsung gallery app for photos and videos was one of the best and most aesthetically and functionally useful apps to organize and view important memories. All of that was undone with the recent update to it, that forced a persistent recent and favorite folder. A recent and favorite folder that can't be removed or even hidden, just like the gallery app on iphone. In your desperation to copy the success of Apple, you ruined one of the few distinguishable features you had, that hard-core fans actually cherished. Reconsider this change to the Samsung gallery app or at the very least enable to the option to hide or disable those folders.
9 Replies
Tom6068
Supernova
Options
Discussions
Not seeing what you call and favorite folders. This is what I have at the bottom of the gallery app when opened. If I click the lines on the right, I get more options. Am I missing something?Screenshot_20220924_170912_Gallery_1000009718_1664053752.jpgScreenshot_20220924_170508_Gallery_1000009716_1664053508.jpg
0 Likes
xlevix10
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
Change it from pictures to albums at the bottom and you'll see Recent and Favorites
0 Likes
Tom6068
Supernova
Options
Discussions
OK, but that is not what you stated originally. To view those and other folders, one has to click on the album section. I got the impression that you were seeing that right away when opening the gallery app.
0 Likes
xlevix10
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
I'm not the OP lol I was just explaining that it was under albums. Also people have the albums tab set to open by default, so OP very likely does see those folders when they open the Gallery app.
0 Likes
Tom6068
Supernova
Options
Discussions
Lol
0 Likes
rsfinsrq
Halo
Options
Discussions
There is a workaround in the tips section to hide those folders.
0 Likes
Options
Discussions
It will not allow you to hide them
0 Likes
rsfinsrq
Halo
Options
Discussions
I was able to hide mine following the tutorial outlined in the tips section. I put them into a grouped folder then selected to show all folders except the one I made with recents and favorites in it. They are no longer visible in my gallery.
0 Likes
USBetaModerator2
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback.  It has been communicated to the usability team for review.

In the meantime, please try the suggestion from @rsfinsrq .  

We appreciate your contribution to the Beta Program.

Regards,

One UI Beta Team

0 Likes