Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Data Connectivity Issues Aren't A Carrier Problem

(Topic created: 11-14-2020 01:13 AM)
SCRAMJONES
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
Samsung please pay attention, there are forums everywhere even on the Samsung website from people with all different carriers that have data issues since installing the beta update. Do not release the official update without addressing this problem or else you will dissapoint and frustrate a lot of your customers. 
6 Replies
Options
Discussions
No offense but why is people keep bashing the work that Samsung developers are doing? When you entered the Beta program you agreed that the software is not going to be perfect, why not thank the developers @ Samsung for opening the Beta to the public as it used to be for developers only?
Once Official software its released is going to be smooth as any other Official release, if you're going to be bashing the developers work maybe this program is not for you, just withdraw from the Beta program and install the Official Android 10 software 🤷
SCRAMJONES
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
You keep copying and pasting this response that has nothing to do with the issue. If you have been paying attention to the discussions on this topic you would know that the "Beta Moderators" keep saying it's a carrier issue and I am trying to make it clear to them that it's not before everyone ends up with the same issue when the final update is released to the public.
0 Likes
Options
Discussions
Sir, the data connectivity issue is not related to Beta software, some people had this same problem before and there was was also on ocassions related to incompatible SIM cards.
Even I have this same problem with T-Mobile network while on Official Android 10, I own the S20 Ultra unlocked and was loosing signal or getting calls dropped very often and the more annoying problem was when my phone was reading 5G but in reality I wasn't connected to any network
until finally corrected the problems, one problem was my SIM card as I was using the same SIM card for years and phone was not properly switching to 5G specially if the signal was not strong, T-Mobile released a new card stamped R15 for standalone 5G, other problem was that the APN that my phone was set up with the old SIM card was totally different to the one T-Mobile provided to me , after installing the R15 SIM card and with the new APN I have to reset the network on my phone to erase all the previous network data and since that date I haven't had any issues with the network "specially" when my phone is switching to 5G.
One way that you can check if its your carrier network is by turning the 5G off, if you get better signal without the 5G then your problem is within your carrier network.
This is one of the reasons why the "Beta Moderators" are telling you that its a carrier issue.
Good Luck
0 Likes
SCRAMJONES
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
Myself and hundreds of people have done everything you just said and we are still having the same issue since updating our phones, it literally started happening after the initial boot after updating. Just because you don't have the issue anymore doesn't mean that every other person reporting the issue doesn't. You can't tell me that it's not the beta because you didn't write the code or help develop the software. My issue is that the beta Moderators dont even say they will look into and just brush it off and the whole point of this beta is to report issues you are having and hope that the issues at the least get looked into or resolved.
0 Likes
shoman94
Comet
Options
Discussions
I don't think it is about bashing the developers. Many people here including myself see and report issues and all we are told is contact the carrier. Its not a carrier issue if the problem only happens with the beta software installed. I have sent in error reports and have done everything I can as a user. These open betas are used to shows bugs that developers don't see because everyone's use case and setup are different which can show more issues. Don't bash people that are trying to report problems over and over but keep getting told to contact the carrier. It feels like we are being ignored.
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello @SCRAMJONES ,

Our software is tested extensively before it is released to consumers.  Any software with  critical issue such as data connectivity would not be approved by our QA team for even submission to carrier. In  regards to network  issues, There have been fixes required both from our end as well as carriers during beta program. Also note that same behaviour of device such as a network loss could have multiple reasons and may be different for each user. If you still experience connectivity issue, please send us an error report as soon as you experience the issue.

Regards

One Ui Beta Team

0 Likes