Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Default home app not sticking and unacceptable OneUI Home launcher behavior

(Topic created on: 11/4/20 1:46 PM)
Vibhu
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
When using other home launchers (Nova in my case), if recent apps are opened and all apps are removed from ram or close all is selected the interface goes back to one UI launcher, whereas it should go back to homescreen of my default home launcher app.
After this if you go to settings and open apps >>default apps the HOME shows NONE. 
Then even after selecting your home launcher the behavior continues unless OneUI home app info is opened and forced stopped from there.
7 Replies
pic2022
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
Have this issue as well. It's extremely annoying.
Vibhu
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
hope this gets some traction so they will fix it.
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback. If you haven’t already, please send us an error report to help us debug the issue. Please also keep an eye out for any other issues you may encounter. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your contribution to the beta program.

Regards

One UI Beta Team

0 Likes
usermEoLKtXf4q
Astronaut
Options
Discussions

I am also having the same issue. I have done everything Microsoft has told me to do and still having the issue. Extremely annoying!

userR1xNDy0mRh
Astronaut
Options
Discussions

Same issue here. Super annoying. Had hopes it'd be fixed with one UI 3 and the android 11 update but no: Issue still exists :\

0 Likes
user9Xgm78KusK
Astronaut
Options
Discussions

Yeah this is a joke. Same issue on my device, s10+

I actually just updated to android 11 and it has the same issue.

I plan to now root and possibly install custom firmwafe. Samsung can't bully me with their tunnel vision android decisions and ignored Bugs.

0 Likes
Tamporter
Constellation
Options
Discussions

This is deal breaker for me. Also no SD card on new models will ensure I will never buy a Galaxy again which makes me sad.

Edit: have a fix. Go to your 3rd party launcher and find the option to select your default launcher. Select OneUI. One UI will launch. Go back to the same setting to select your default launcher. Now select your 3rd party launcher. This fixed it for me.

Previously when opening the task manager and swiping back, it would go to One UI, not anymore.

My statement still stands about no SD card slot though.

0 Likes