Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

Dex windows size (SOLVED)

(Topic created: 11-04-2021 01:41 AM)
Bionic1
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
Since the start of beta, the windows in Dex do not remember the last size after closing them or exiting. The pin option doesn't function... even tried with my mouse.

I've been holding out for a fix, but now on beta 4 and it still persists. I hope this is a bug, and not a permanent change. I'm posting this for feedback from other Dex users, so I know whether or not this is a singular issue with me alone.
11 Replies
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Discussions
that would drive me nuts: I had no change in DeX behavior after the initial move from 3.0 to 4.0 beta 1. I wondered if it would force me to start all over, but it didn't. It remembered not only the size of the windows, but their place on the display when opened. I'm hard-wired through a hub, not wirelessly charging and using a bluetooth monitor.
Bionic1
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
I'm using a hub as well. I mainly run Stadia through it, the window always reverts from maximum. I use it almost daily. I'll fool around with the settings today.. maybe there's something I overlooked. It could be something in the Dex dev settings. I'll see if I can find where they hid them this time. Thanks for the reply.
Bionic1
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
It's working properly now.
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Discussions
Been a while since I've used Dex ... I'll test it later and see ...
Bionic1
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
Ok.. thanks! If you happen to find the Dex dev menu, please let me know.

Edit - I was already in dev mode. And I think I fixed the issue.
0 Likes
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Discussions
Sorry for delay šŸ™‚

Okay, all works in Dex for me ... AAMOF, I'm typing this up within Dex šŸ™‚
All window sizes and locations are remembered

(I see you resolved by swiching from FHD to HD and back)
LakeRacer4TheWin
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
I use DEX wired through a hub everyday and it's been remembering ok for me so far through each beta. I don't use pin much so not sure if that changed.
LakeRacer4TheWin
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
I just tried pin and if it's supposed to keep the window on top of other windows then it worked for me. Transparency also works.
0 Likes
Bionic1
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
I got the pin to work and I think I worked out the window size problem. The pin was greyed out previously. Thanks for the response.
0 Likes