Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

Digital Key for Vehicles

(Topic created: 10-27-2021 08:22 AM)
userBl3AStvH6H
Astronaut
Options
Discussions
When will Samsung release UWB Digital Key for BMW and other manufacturers? Will this be via Samsung Pay / Google Pay or natively to the S21 Series? 
7 Replies
Options
Discussions
Hey how are you doing? After research I'm petty sure it's will be available only on Google pay app
0 Likes
userBl3AStvH6H
Astronaut
Options
Discussions
That seems to be the case. Weird, it should be made native to the phone itself. Like iPhone with Apple Wallet.
0 Likes
Options
Discussions
I think the date is not confirmed yet
0 Likes
Claykin
Comet
Options
Discussions
BMW UWB is called Digital Key Plus and the first vehicles to use it will be the forthcoming iX (electric models). They begin deliveries in Spring/Summer 2023. So, Samsung still has time to work it out.

The current Digital Key uses Bluetooth and NFC. Meanwhile for most 2022 models it's not available. BMW is providing a small credit b/c they aren't installing it this year, presumably due to the semiconductor shortage.
0 Likes
userBl3AStvH6H
Astronaut
Options
Discussions
I bought a 2021 G20 and they even advertised on the website that it should be made available soon to android devices with UWB. (Even working with Google Pay) to make it happen. Falling a little behind Samsung!
0 Likes
Claykin
Comet
Options
Discussions
Your 2021 G20 has NFC based digital key. Digital Key Plus uses UWB. 2023 G20 should include digital key plus hardware.
0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello @userBl3AStvH6H ,

We are unable to disclose any additional information at this time. 

Regards
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes