Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

Downgrade

(Topic created: 11-26-2021 02:12 PM)
Cobra103
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
Has anyone tried downgrading and seeing if they can update to the final version? 
11 Replies
Jmark83
Constellation
Options
Discussions
I would like to know if that would work. I am currently on the beta version and was going to downgrade to see if the stable UI 4 would load.
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Discussions
not sure why you would do that...the final version (based on all reports) is no improvement over beta4
user365170tdJ15
Honored Contributor
Options
Discussions
Agreed ... we're fine with beta4 - from what we've read in here and the S21 (not beta) forum, there's no advantages ... well, except for the very few who are reporting new minor issues
dortyboy
Sun
Options
Discussions
The update isn't exciting in any shape or form. It's just as the beta
DENIZACAR
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
We are not getting what other's get. We are getting new update they are trying to fix 120hz issue that's why taking dam long time be patient
ChefHoto
Astronaut
Options
Discussions
I thought about the same thing. I just don't have a computer to install switch on.
0 Likes
Bertolo
Comet
Options
Discussions
I tried, and it didn't work. After I downgraded, a new software update showed up, and guess what? it was for the Beta again, not for the Official One Ui 4.0
0 Likes
Ottobott
Astronaut
Options
Discussions
I think what everyone is expecting is that you would unenroll from the beta after downgrading to see if you get the stable version. Of course, then you wouldn't be able to tell us if it works.
0 Likes
user365170tdJ15
Honored Contributor
Options
Discussions
To downgrade:

a) Withdraw from beta (it's a button found in Members app - see screenshot)

b) Factory Reset

c) Downgrade in SmartSwitch (and restore backup).

If you don't "Withdraw", you'll always end up back on the beta
. Screenshot_20211126-162420_Snapseed-01_15647_1637965507.jpg
0 Likes