Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

Emojis quality

(Topic created: 10-09-2021 12:06 PM)
d4raxx
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
Doesn't anyone think how its weird how if you were to type an emoji and enlarge it, the quality decreases which makes it look worse compared to when it was smaller but then if you were to get a image/sticker of an emoji, you make it larger the quality still looks very nice and the emoji dont look terrible anymore.

2 examples: the Instagram story screenshot shows an example of emojis looking worse because of the quality when you type it and make it larger.

Other screenshot is showing the difference between a typed emoji vs sticker/image emoji with both larger sizes. Dont you see the difference and how the sticker emoji quality looks very good compared to the typed emoji?

usually iOS emojis dont look that terrible when you enlarge it but One UI emojis do which is weird to me.

^^^^^^ can't be the only one

7 Replies
MWS2022
Comet
Options
Discussions
yeah it matters if someone is merely blowing up a picture or is actually scaling the pixels to match the screen resolution... it makes the difference that you're showing.

I would guess the small emoji are never meant to be expanded in a normal use, whereas the stickers scale up and down as needed, having a better resolution at different sizes.
d4raxx
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
@MWS2022 isnt there a way for samsung or high possiblity to make the quality as good as the sticker emoji example quality. If you read the small caption description in the Instagram screenshot you see how i mentioned iOS emojis dont look that much worse if you type it in but then its a different story for One UI emojis. They would look worse which is tough but sticker emojis actually still look good. If it is a high possibility i would suggest Samsung to make the emojis still look as perfect when you enlarge the emojis.
0 Likes
MWS2022
Comet
Options
Discussions
I'm only guessing that's the issue, but it's a common one with digital imaging.. yeah of course they could fix it and make it do whatever anyone wanted--why they choose not to...I cannot guess... time, resources, and money always come to mind.
0 Likes
d4raxx
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
@MWS2022 alright
0 Likes
MWS2022
Comet
Options
Discussions
good eye for catching that detail! most if not all pictures are like that. if you keep blowing them up, eventually they will get unpleasant to your eye and unrecognizable. technology usually gets more detailed and more polished as time goes on. what you're hoping for will probably happen sooner than later, take care!
0 Likes
MWS2022
Comet
Options
Discussions
there ya go!
0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello @d4raxx ,

Thank you very much for your suggestion. Your suggestion has been communicated to the developer and the development project manager is reviewing the content. After reviewing your suggestions, we will apply them to the official version if your proposal matches our concept. We appreciate your contribution to the beta program.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team