Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Enroll on beta

(Topic created: 12-22-2021 11:42 AM)
ReneErazoMorales
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
How do I enroll on the beta program??? I own a Samsung 20 5g ultra. I live in the US and I know is available I just don't know how to do it. Would someone help please 
8 Replies
user365170tdJ15
Honored Contributor
Options
Discussions
There will be a "beta banner" displayed here in Members - you tap on it and follow instructions

Keep in mind, the banner is only shown if there are available slots for sign up, and your carrier allows the beta program.
0 Likes
ReneErazoMorales
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
Ooh so is limited. I've been uninstalling samsung members and downloading it again so that the banner shows up and it's never there. I guess that's why. Thanks
0 Likes
Junior21x
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
Lmafao 🤣
0 Likes
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Discussions
Correct. So let's say they allow 100 people on beta. If 99 people are signed up, then the banner is shown, but when 100 people are signed up, the banner won't be shown.

Also, if your carrier does not allow beta installation on your phone, you will never see the banner, even if there is available opening.
AzblkHawk
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
Hi. If the carrier doesn't allow beta installs, does it affect Samsung factory unlocked phones as well?

Do you know how to find out if the carrier does allow or not beta installs? Thanks. 🤙🏻
0 Likes
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Discussions
I'm not exactly sure what the carrier criteria is - maybe if you mention your carrier, someone in here who is with the same carrier can say yes or no.

It could also be that if you have an Unlocked phone, you might be able to participate in the beta, regardless if you're carrier doesn't participate. That's also a bit of a guess 🙂

For example, my wife (MrsCay) and I participated in the recent S21 beta ... we both have Unlocked phones purchased directly from Samsung ... carrier is Consumer Cellular (an MVNO) and we're using AT&T SIM cards (they also offer T-Mobile SIMs).

When you're registered with the Members app, it "knows" if you can participate in the beta and might show the banner if there's availability. A moderator can also tell you if you can participate
ReneErazoMorales
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
Thank you
0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello  @ReneErazoMorales ,

One UI 4 Beta program registration is only available for S20 devices that are Samsung unlocked. Model number of the device should end in U1, ex. SM-G986U1

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes