Original topic:

Fast/super fast charging not working

(Topic created: 09-06-2022 04:07 AM)
jaggi
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
Hi,

I am on latest beta software and recently my phone detected moisture in charging port ( I live in humid area and went for a walk with phone in my jeans pocket). Since than I have not been able to fast/super fast charge my phone.

Below are the steps I performed and nothing worked.

1) waited for the notification to go before trying the fast charging.
2) cleared cache to see if that helps
3) powered on the phone in safe mode and tried the charger.
4) factory reset the phone and setup as new ( no backup restore).
5) I have tried disabiling adaptive battery too and that also didn't helped.
6) it was claimed to be text glitch so I used a slow charger and samsung super fast charger. Both of them had similar charging times

I believe it's software bug but not sure if anyone else faced such issue or have a solution/trick for me to try it out.

Thanks
6 Replies
Tidbitty
Supernova
Options
Discussions
Mine shows different charging times. Also if you look at battery stats it says super fast.
15-25W charger is considered super fast. 45W is considered super fast 2.0, and super fast 2.0 needs a different cable or all you'll get is 25W max.
Jrdale88
Halo
Options
Discussions
I've had the same problem on both my s22 ultra's chargers in the house and charging when plugged in my car. The charging cables work fine on my S8 Tab, I had to even resort to old wireless pad to charge sometimes. Going into Settings >clear memory most times helps and I can charge without it popping up about moisture,
0 Likes
ChaosSaber
Neutron Star
Options
Discussions
Anyone on beta lost the super and fast charging wording, not the actual charging speed, I would suggest you do a search because its been posted multiple times already
0 Likes
jaggi
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
Mine is charging issue and all the post suggestions were already attempted before this post. I still have issue and created a error report ticket
USBetaModerator2
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello ,
Thank you for your feedback.
If you haven’t already, Please update Samsung Members app to latest version from the Galaxy store and send us an error report immediately after experiencing the issue from the Samsung member’s app -> Beta Feedback -> Error Reports to help us debug the issue.
We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your contribution to the beta program.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes
jaggi
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
Hi,

So eventually I had to send my phone to Samsung repair where they had to replace PBA and camera dust. Not sure what camera dust repair is but somehow it failed in testing and hence got repaired...

Got my phone back yesterday and now I have super fast & fast charging...
0 Likes