Did you mean: 

Original topic:

File Management Trash Option Disappeared On Beta 2

(Topic created: 09-04-2023 10:04 PM)
Options
Discussions

Before Beta 2 Update 

After Beta 2 Update 

We had the option to turn it off or on and now that's been nuked for the moment. Reminds me of Ram Plus feature you couldn't turn off in Android 12 (One UI 4) until 13 One UI 5. Maybe this'll be corrected in beta 3 perhaps?......
0 Likes
7 Replies
Mike-B
Comet
Options
Discussions
Going into Settings, Device Care and then Storage you would see what is in the screenshots I've added. But what are you wanting to do? Be able to turn off not having things that you delete going into the trashcan or? I'd much rather have it the way it is because they'll automatically delete after 30 days anyway and if I accidentally delete something or just delete something in general at least I can get it back which I had to do a few times the last 2 days and if I had it set to just delete and be gone I wouldn't have been able to recover any of the stuff I deleted.Screenshot_20230904_215517_My Files.jpgScreenshot_20230904_215653_Settings.jpg
0 Likes
Options
Discussions
Features and settings that I or anyone else manually disable or turn off should stay that way and not be automatically altered by software change or update. Did we not learn from Ram Plus and GOS (Game Optimizing Service) throttling performance fiasco? How quickly we forget these things. Implementating features/settings without a turn off option is big No. And the adding a 2nd trash option to device care was unnecessary,serves no purpose. Samsung needs to put device care back to the way it was before. You might like this change but I don't. Those swipe options are annoying, when you get rid of them they come back when you open it again. If it ain't broke don't fix it at all.
0 Likes
Options
Discussions
I didn't make any suggestions first off,I simply said Samsung should fix the issue in beta 3. Lastly, revisit the title and show me where it follows under suggestions. Side note: I need an actual fix to this not a work around.
0 Likes
Mike-B
Comet
Options
Discussions
Everything I said went right over your head so I deleted anything I said to you since you don't know what a "suggestion" to Samsung is and you have an attitude problem! When a feature is removed or changed you SUGGEST they change it back not DEMAND that they change it back and do what YOU WANT! Grow up and learn how to be civil! There's a reason there's something called suggestions! I also gave you a temporary work around for now because you are NOT getting a "FIX" immediately to something that was simply changed and not broken which went right over your head!Screenshot_20230905_010251_Samsung Members.jpg
0 Likes
Options
Discussions
You need to take your own advice and chill out. It's not that deep. Next time just your keep your mouth closed. And I'm the one who's upset? Okay.
0 Likes
Mike-B
Comet
Options
Discussions
I'm no where near upset you're incapable of getting under my skin! All I tried to do was help you and then you get an attitude and become a jerk say you don't want a work around and then I again tried to steer you in the right direction to post it in the suggestion thread and now you're telling me to keep my mouth closed when this is a discussion thread not a keep your mouth closed thread! You're making yourself look bad but that's your choice! I expect that this entire thread will be deleted as soon as USBetaModerator2 sees it which he should too, since you're not being respectful or civil.
userBjkSMHcLNX
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
Please add the toggle switch back. It should be a consumers choice yo use this feature.