Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Fingerprint Not Responding?

(Topic created: 11-03-2020 06:04 AM)
Options
Discussions
Has anyone noticed the last few days, maybe a week, that the Fingerprint sensor is taking more times to recognize the fingerprints? It just seems that is had vastly improved at UI 3.0 initial Beta, but with the second installment, it seems I am repeatedly getting a "no match" message...I even keep my thumb squarely in the target for 3-4 seconds and finally it unlocks...should I reset my fingerprints?
11 Replies
usersdaMGZ0PqN
Constellation
Options
Discussions
I have actually noticed that too, I thought it was a glitch so I reset my fingerprints and started with fresh ones, and it still takes a while to read my fingerprints. not sure how to get it fixed.
0 Likes
brumlow
Astronaut
Options
Discussions
I was thinking the same thing. I ended up adding my figure 3 times.
0 Likes
Options
Discussions
okay i'll add it to the error reports...it was so nice at the beginning od the beta! the fingerprint scanner worked so quickly and flawlessly
0 Likes
Vader4633
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
I have to slightly rock my finger on the sensor for it to work.
0 Likes
Options
Discussions
Good to know Brumlow! For everyone, it SEEMS that me replacong my fingerprints improved the sensor...we'll see how things play out. Regardless, I sent over an error report. Thanks!
0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your contribution to the beta program.

Regards

One UI Beta Team

0 Likes
user3PHscnxDFI
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
I've noticed it as well. I read that getting rid of all fingerprints and re-adding just one helps - haven't tried this tho
0 Likes
Options
Discussions
Actually I just tried that and it seems to be working better...maybe that's all thay was needed...
0 Likes
Gippie
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
The last patch created the issue.. It's not as sensitive to your fingerprint as it was before.
0 Likes