Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

Folders empty on windows

(Topic created: 11-12-2021 09:16 PM)
Jrdale88
Halo
Options
Discussions
Has anyone noticed or have a problem when viewing the folders on the phone from windows that they are all empty, but viewing them on the phone there is actually pictures in them? I could view contents in the folders a couple of updates ago, but now all the pictures folders are showing as empty on windows. I've uninstalled android driver, tried different USB cables, restarted the phone and computer. Everything works fine on my Tab S7, I can view contents. But it shows nothing for the S21. 

0 Likes
8 Replies
Dustman79
Astronaut
Options
Discussions
I tried to upload some pictures onto my windows computer also. Once connected, I had to select "transfer photos" in the USB connection menu (in Android) to get them to show up in windows.
TheFamilyMan
Comet
Options
Discussions
I used to have this same issue when I had Galaxy Note Devices. As long as I didn't lose the data, mainly family pictures, I took it to be a bug. It constantly happened from the Note9 up to the Note20 Ultra 5G with each of their respective software versions.

Couldn't figure out if it was a bug with Windows or the Samsung One UI. ALWAYS remember to backup your phone and verify the data has been saved.

It's also one of the main arguments for retaining the microSDXC card slots! I have my USB storage device plugged into my S21Ultra 5G along with a charging cable to provide power as we speak and my phone is NOT RECOGNIZING it. So I'm thinking it's the One UI.

I'm using a Samsung Accessory with it too! Go figure.
0 Likes
Jrdale88
Halo
Options
Discussions
Yeah I usually back up with smart switch and manually copy folders. That's what I was trying to do before factory resetting my phone and fresh install of android 12 beta 4
0 Likes
user365170tdJ15
Honored Contributor
Options
Discussions
Maybe you need to change the access mode on your phone (?)
0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello @Jrdale88 ,

Please let us know mode of USB connection that is shown on the  device itself. 

Regards
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes
Jrdale88
Halo
Options
Discussions
I've tried bothScreenshot_20211111-162703_Settings.jpgScreenshot_20211111-162729_Settings.jpg
0 Likes
TheFamilyMan
Comet
Options
Discussions
May I ask where you find the USB Settings as shown in your screenshot please. I'm using an S21 Ultra 5G running Beta 4 and I don't have access to these settings. I didn't have access BEFORE joining this Beta either. I'm trying to get my USB Storage Device recognized. I'd APPRECIATE any Help.
0 Likes
Jrdale88
Halo
Options
Discussions
When it's hooked to the computer swipe down from the top like notifications. It's something like USB connected tap that (usually a couple of times) then you will see the options
0 Likes