Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

Frequent restarting all on its own

(Topic created: 09-15-2021 06:29 PM)
ansel
Astronaut
Options
Discussions
Since I upgraded to the one UI for beta my phone just restarts on its own at random times. I was just on a actual phone call and it just restarted mid phone call. Anybody else having this issue?

Also on another error report submission for sluggish and stuttery motion they requested logs. But there is a warning that says it may contain information from my third party apps. Does everyone submit logs when they file an error report? And does it really submit data from apps or just a list of the apps?
6 Replies
SlowMN
Astronaut
Options
Discussions
My phone has been frequently restarting as well. It is very frustrating. I want to avoid a factory reset as it will be a huge pain reinstalling all apps and logging in.
ansel
Astronaut
Options
Discussions
For sure. Hopefully they can fix this soon
0 Likes
TopherLee
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
Have you tried going into recovery partition and clearing just the cache without performing a full reset? Sometimes, well, a lot of times, with major OS updates, residual and cache files get tangled up and sometimes, not ideal, but a full reset is the viable method but if not, clearing cache can also help fix certain issues...

With device powered off, press and hold both Volume Up and Power button until Samsung Logo appears. Let go of the power button while still holding Volume Up until you see the recovery partition. Volume down to scroll through and Power Button to select...

Scroll down until you see reset Cache Partition, press Power button and press Volume down once on next screen (confirmation) to select yes... Power button to select, then reboot device.

Give that a shot and let me know how that works...
0 Likes
Options
Discussions
Fortunately I'm not having this problem at least not yet.
ansel
Astronaut
Options
Discussions
That's good. Glad your device has been ok.
0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello @ansel ,

Please try clearing cache using below steps

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Side key.
  3. When the Android logo displays, release both keys.
  4. An 'Installing system update' message may show briefly before the Android Recovery menu options appear.
  5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight Wipe cache partition.
  6. Press Side key to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key to highlight Yes, then press the Side key to select.
  8. When the process is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
  9. Press the Side key to restart the device.

Most Beta Participants are aware of this and are comfortable providing error reports to us. We do not have access to actual data of 3rd party app for ex. Facebook messages or contacts list or anything like that if that is your concern.

Regards

One UI Beta Team

0 Likes