Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

Goodbye Samsung!!!

(Topic created: 11-03-2021 10:43 AM)
jdunk312
Comet
Options
Discussions
Well after the all the betas I've seen absolutely no changes whatsoever to Android 12 to make me with Samsung. Apparently Samsung is to lazy to make major ui changes especially to stock applications and look and feel. And you take the scroll effect away also?? šŸ‘ŽšŸ‘ŽšŸ‘Ž. I've made my decision like I've stated before I ordered the pixel 6 to enjoy what Android 12 is what exactly its supposed to be. Not yalls version which should be one ui 3.2 

JRock1276
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
Far from the truth actually. Pixel won the overall camera comparison according to several outlets.
0 Likes
user365170tdJ15
Honored Contributor
Options
Discussions
thanks ... I'll research the Ultra vs 6 Pro camera comparisons
Options
Discussions
Major UI changes take a long time to do, especially considering that Google barely released Android 12. Google also has their theming engine only on Pixel devices so far, it's possible and most likely that Android 12.1 could change that. Android has always been like this in terms of different manufacturers making their own Android skin/UI, otherwise Samsung could slap AOSP on their devices and call it a day. But Samsung still wants to have their own design choices and that's what One UI is. If you want stock Android go to a Pixel.
JRock1276
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
12.1 is for tablets and large screen devices such as the fold. The new "honeycomb" if that floats your boat.
0 Likes
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Discussions
In reality, the Pixel experience isn't remotely pure Android. Rather, it is Google's version of Android. Yes, it appears that Android 12/Material You is a massive overhaul from Material Design. Congrats to Google...they've made a significant change (who knows if it's an improvement). I'm more interested in seeing how quickly Google reverts to form by neglecting its devotees. Apple announces a new feature and it's very exciting (already been on Android for years). Google announces Magic Eraser and it's very exciting (already been on Samsung for awhile). I left Google Nexus because I got tired of being a monthly beta tester for them through their security updates. Something ALWAYS broke after a monthly update. Samsung (kind of like Apple) just works. They work to not be slap-dash in their approach. I appreciate that and will be sticking around. Hopefully, Material You will be a big hit with you!
User5741
Comet
Options
Discussions
Samsung is kinda like the middle ground. They experiment with new ideas on their low end devices and ask people for feedback, then if enough people like it, they give it to everyone. They're not so experimental though that you feel like you're always using a testing device. They have a high level of stability generally speaking and do their best to polish any aspects of their software that doesn't live up to their expectations.
JRock1276
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
That was always known going into a Nexus device. They weren't widely released and made by different manufacturers trying to get a leg up in the smartphone biz. Google actually put their own research into their own silicon, and that's not something you get into for a one off. I think you forget that Android is open source, but its main contributer and researchers are Google. If I want a Chevy, I don't go to Ford and ask for one.
0 Likes
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Discussions
as I said, I'm interested in seeing Google's commitment level...not like they have a reputation for walking away from their own products all the time /sarc/ And while I don't ask Ford to build a Chevy, I do ask Ford products to work without monthly service bulletins
0 Likes
CjIsom
Halo
Options
Discussions
Lol bye good luck with that cheap crappy phone šŸ„øšŸ„øšŸ„øšŸ„ø
JRock1276
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
Considering the screen and most of its parts are the same thing as a Samsung, I wouldn't throw that "insult" around too much. šŸ¤£