Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Google Play Store/Bluetooth

(Topic created: 10-29-2020 07:49 AM)
NoName335
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
Today I decided to use my Beats headphones with my laptop today while I work. I turned off the bluetooth on my phone since my phone is also connected to my headphones and connected them to my laptop. I used my phone and went to an app that said it needed an update within the app. For months I've been having issues with the Google Play Store not downloading apps, or downloading, then freezing when the download is 2/3 ways done. So I figured, ok I don't need this app urgently so I can wait the 10 mins to an hour for it to install. This particular download went through smoothly. So I went to the Google Play Store to see if another app would download. It did. Then another. That did. So I just thought while I was able to download those apps,let me see if I can update the other 50 apps that need to be updated. I am currently waiting for another 11 apps to install, but my point is that I think my Bluetooth was somehow interfering with my phone's ability to download updates and apps. So I turned my Bluetooth back on while my phone had 35 more apps to download and what happens? All of my downloads come to a stall. This is not an isolated incident, I've seen other people who have had similar problems with Google Play. And to clarify I just joined the Beta about 2 weeks ago, but I've been having this problem for weeks prior, so no this is not an issue related to the Beta. I've troubleshooted my phone several times but always had the same result. However today was the first time I found an actual resolution.

I'm am using. Samsung Galaxy S20+ on T-Mobile.

The devices normally connected to my phone when I want to use them will be my Beats, another brand of wireless earbuds, and a bluetooth speaker. My phone is always connected to my Galaxy Activ 2 when it's in range so my Bluetooth is always on for that.

Hope I was clear enough.
0 Likes
4 Replies
UIV
Astronaut
Options
Discussions
Of these other cases you have read about where BT is causing errors with downloads are they using the same Brand of headphones? I can't say I've ever had this issue with downloads but I'd send a bug report to Samsung while the issue is happening so they can troubleshoot it and see if per chance it is the the phone or software.
NoName335
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
I sent a report. I haven't read about bluetooth causing errors with downloads. I read about people having issues with downloads period. Not entirely sure if it has to do with bluetooth or not but I'm just speaking on my experience.
0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello,

Thank you very much for reporting the issue to us. Please keep an eye out for other issues that you may find during the beta. We appreciate your contribution to the Beta community.

Regards

One UI Beta Team

0 Likes
NoName335
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
Did you not see where I mentioned that I was having this problem before I opted into the Beta? The Beta didn't cause this and the Beta didn't resolve it.
0 Likes