Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Google Wallet issue

(Topic created: 08-21-2022 10:41 AM)
Dragneel
Constellation
Options
Discussions
So, I downloaded Google Wallet, since I downloaded it on my GW4, and I have a small insight

The Beta version says this, but it works just fine... Just in case you download it

EDIT: Watch app doesnt work either, maybe its a bug?
18 Replies
JBDiGG
Halo
Options
Discussions
It tells you in the message. You are running an uncertified version of the software. Means you are on a beta version and not public release. Google will not certify their app running on software that potentially has bugs or security flaws.

This is a well known issue for doing the beta program. Every one usually hops over to Samsung pay (wallet) because it still works.

Check the FAQs section and I think it talks about this.
Yamialex224
Honored Contributor
Options
Discussions
Why would you use a payment option that isn't secure on beta software. It won't hurt to use a physical card
0 Likes
Options
Discussions
I used to feel like you. I lost one of my cards one too many times, this last time someone went shopping.
Now I use my phone, and leave my wallet at home. It's so liberating.
I really don't worry about security too much, because my card companies will reimburse any fraudulent activities, not that I believe such things are possible.
0 Likes
Yamialex224
Honored Contributor
Options
Discussions
Still it's safer for now to use a physical card. I don't like samsung pay or Google pay honestly I have tried them both. I used apple pay a few times and liked it. But I wouldn't use a non secure option especially if it has payment info involved
0 Likes
Options
Discussions
I really suggest you read this to get a better understanding of how contactless payments work.

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00043932/
0 Likes
Yamialex224
Honored Contributor
Options
Discussions
Also I wouldn't believe them saying they would reimburse you most card companies blame you or make it impossible to prove it wasn't you who made the charge
0 Likes
Options
Discussions
I'm just using Samsung Wallet until final release. I don't like it as much as GPay, but it does the job
0 Likes
USBetaModerator2
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello,

During beta program, the software is not yet certified by Google, and therefore Google Pay, Wallet  and other secure services may not work. We apologize for the inconvenience and will post a notice once it becomes certified by Google. You may try again at that time.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

Dcn_Pat
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
Can they schedule the release of the final version so beta testers get it at least at the same time as other users instead of weeks (or a month+) after it is released. Last time the final version was available for weeks before beta testers got the OTA update.
0 Likes