Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

Group texting

(Topic created: 09-29-2021 07:39 AM)
janiceanne
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
This just started happening yesterday, but I cannot send or receive texts to a group.  I've tried using both Google Messages and Samsung Messages.  The status is stuck on "sending," then it ultimately says that the text failed to send.

As far as receiving texts, I've had someone send test messages to the group, and I don't receive them. I can, however, send and receive texts from individuals.

I have sent an error report with a log.

Anyone else experiencing this, or am I just lucky? šŸ˜•šŸ™„
19 Replies
gooFWeaR
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
Turn on airplane mode turn it off turn the airplane mode on a second time turn it off then reboot your phone. I have had this issue for almost the entire time this phone has been released. Even before going to the beta
0 Likes
janiceanne
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
Thanks, I'll try that.
janiceanne
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
Oh, now I'm really broken...lol. Did the above, and now it lets me type out a nice message to an individual and hit send, but my text doesn't show up. Sigh.
0 Likes
Talon_
Halo
Options
Discussions
I have the issue with iPhone users it drives me nuts. Not just group texting either..
0 Likes
lHomelanderI
Astronaut
Options
Discussions
Are you running a VPN on your device? If so I had to go into VPN settings and click "use small packets" hope this helps.
0 Likes
janiceanne
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
Nope, I'm not. Thanks for the suggestion, though.
0 Likes
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Discussions
Try:
Google Messages, tap 3 dot menu upper right > Settings > Chat Features.
What's the Status (top line)?
Connected? Verify? Something else?

Go back to Settings > Advanced > Group Messaging ... what's it set to?
0 Likes
janiceanne
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
Chat is "connected," and group messaging says, "Send an MMS reply to all recipients."
0 Likes
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Discussions
Hmmm. Let's try this, if you have not already:
Open quick panel at top (you know, swipe down from top) then select "gear" icon upper right.
Scroll down, tap on Apps
Scroll down and tap on Google Messages.
Lower right, tap Force Stop, select Ok
Scroll the app's Setting page and tap on Storage, lower right, tap Clear cache.

Now let's boot phone into Maintenance mode and select to Clear Cache Partition. Close Settings app.

Push the Side Button (lower button on right side of phone till you see Power off, select it.

After phone is powered off, push and hold the Volume Up button, then push in and hold the Side Button (holding both) until boot splash screen. then release.

After some seconds pass, you'll see the Maintenance menu.

Use Volume Down to highlight
Wipe Cache Partition.
Tap the Side button to select.

Now Volume Down to highlight Yes, then tap Side button.

Finally, "Reboot" will be highlighted, tap side button ... phone will start as normal.
... test texting
0 Likes