Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

Group texting

(Topic created: 09-30-2021 06:02 AM)
janiceanne
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
This just started happening yesterday, but I cannot send or receive texts to a group.  I've tried using both Google Messages and Samsung Messages.  The status is stuck on "sending," then it ultimately says that the text failed to send.

As far as receiving texts, I've had someone send test messages to the group, and I don't receive them. I can, however, send and receive texts from individuals.

I have sent an error report with a log.

Anyone else experiencing this, or am I just lucky? šŸ˜•šŸ™„
19 Replies
janiceanne
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
Will try after I'm done with Verizon...I'm hold with them since it also seems to not let me send texts if I'm using mobile data, but I can on wifi (also, this is just for individual texts, not group texts). And now, pictures don't send to individuals. Only person I can send pictures to is my son who is also using the beta, has an S21 Ultra, but is on Sprint.
0 Likes
janiceanne
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
Did all of the above. Individual texting works, again, using mobile data, but still can't send pictures. Group texting a no-go. Appreciate.your suggestion and time.
0 Likes
chrispy0
Comet
Options
Discussions
Just tried a group text, mine worked as it was supposed to, or at least no erros sending.
0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello @janiceanne ,

Its most likely a temporary issue from carrier side. Did you try reaching out to your carrier to check if any of the services in the area have been affected ?

Regards

One UI Beta Team

0 Likes
janiceanne
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
I did...on the phone with Verizon for almost 2 hours. No fix. šŸ˜ž
0 Likes
janiceanne
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
Just wanted to follow up that Verizon sent me this text tonight. Hope it resolves my issues.Screenshot_20210929-193259_Messages_11765.jpg
0 Likes
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Discussions
Also try installing Google carrier services and then reboot your phone
0 Likes
MailInRebate
Explorer
Options
Discussions
This almost exact thing is happening to me except I can only send picture messages via Samsung messages and nothing else. I typically use Signal as my messaging app but I couldn't receive or send messages once I updated to one ui 4.0. I tried google messages as well and nothing works. Google messages actually gave me a weird error saying "Service not activated on network"... Tried Samsung messages and boom it works... Really irritating as I hate the app.

Talked with my service provider (visible, but still runs on Verizon service) and they told me everything was working properly on their end. They reset my sim and did a bunch of other testing but nothing helped. My only guess is that something with one ui 4.0 broke MMS
0 Likes
janiceanne
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
After Verizon updated my wireless service last night, everything is working, again. My phone even seems speedier. Maybe that would help you? See my screenshot from an earlier response to see what Verizon sent me.
gooFWeaR
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
I'm really glad to hear that is working for you I just remembered as I was reading some of your posts until I saw the one that's been corrected I actually had a call T-Mobile and have them reprovision my phone like 2 days after I got it cuz I wasn't receiving any texts no matter what I did and I couldn't send any either
0 Likes