Did you mean: 

Original topic:

How to toggle app icons in notifications

(Topic created: 09-22-2023 11:34 PM)
userPIDepuTX9q
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
I found how to bring back the app icons in notifications. They apparently made it a setting that can be toggled now. Go to settings, notifications, advanced settings, tap the toggle for show app icon in notifications. Once you receive a new notification it will show the app icon.

Update: it seems once it is enabled it only works with new notifications, so if you have any that are not showing the icon clear them and it should show the next time they appear.

10 Replies
Anders321
Halo
Options
Discussions

Thank you for sharing this.

userPIDepuTX9q
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
You're welcome. I'm glad I found it because I was liking the notifications better with the icons myself.
Anders321
Halo
Options
Discussions

Yes they look more modern. In Beta 5 it should be enabled by default, and having the option to turn it off is fine I guess.

userPIDepuTX9q
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
I'm sure there may be someone who dont like it. I agree it would be better to be on by default, with the option to go back if you don't like them.
JumpingHoses
Nebula
Options
Discussions
Wow thank you. I thought about making a suggestion to have both options available, but assumed they'd never support both.

Can't believe I never bothered to check settings.
Faith7777
Comet
Options
Discussions
Thank you for sharing and showing us where to find it. Just turned mine on. Definitely agree this is much better having to pock out notification faster at a glance.
Options
Discussions
Awesome find bro, thanks 👍
0 Likes
sjpatter86
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
That's so weird. It was disabled on mine but I was definitely seeing app icons in my notifications... 🤔
0 Likes
USBetaModerator2
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello,
Thank you for your feedback.

We appreciate your contribution to the Beta Program.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes