Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

I Identified Android 12 Refresh Bug Using Dev Mode

(Topic created: 11-18-2021 06:39 PM)
Zachsupport
Astronaut
Options
Discussions
I opened android developer options and tracked the refresh rate. It seems when the screen detects you are no longer interacting with the screen, it bounces to 60 hz from 120, creating stutters. For example, when swiping left or right on photos in gallery, it says 120 then switches to 60 as you let go, creating visible stuttering. Apparently samsung knows about this and is working on a fix. When I'm writing this the screen is at 60 but when I scroll down, it moves to 120. Obviously this isn't normal behavior, but I wanted to show everyone insight on what the phone is doing and that you're not the only one with this issue. This is also why keyboard stutters as you aren't interacting with screen while waiting for it to pop up. The one or half a second you aren't touching the phone, the bug switches hz, creating a mess. There is only 120-60 and no "adaptive" refresh rate in android 12 (obviously not intended) Hope this helps!
30 Replies
Zachsupport
Astronaut
Options
Discussions
By 120-60 I mean it's only displaying 120 and 60 hz not any other numbers strangely.
0 Likes
Stan49
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
Because that is the 2 rates you can choose from
0 Likes
Zachsupport
Astronaut
Options
Discussions
No adaptive means it can move anywhere from 60 hz all the way up to 120 hz and it changes based on what you're doing. Only definitive hz you can have is 60.
0 Likes
user365170tdJ15
Honored Contributor
Options
Discussions
yes, we already identified it a couple months ago ...
0 Likes
Zachsupport
Astronaut
Options
Discussions
Great more people that know the better. I'm referring to the stable version I was aware it happened during beta but samsung said they had patched some of it so I assumed it worked a bit differently.
0 Likes
PaperStation
Supernova
Options
Discussions
I even included a video and a lengthy paragraph describing the issue, but no fix was made. As well as many other people who posted the issue during Beta. šŸ¤”
Zachsupport
Astronaut
Options
Discussions
Lmaooo so you had the same idea and hope I had of telling more people hoping Samsung would work on it faster šŸ¤£
0 Likes
PaperStation
Supernova
Options
Discussions
Yes exactly a video with the dev fps counter and me scrolling horribly and miserably thru my Twitter feed šŸ˜­
0 Likes
Zachsupport
Astronaut
Options
Discussions
Omg that's what I described in the paragraph šŸ¤£ and they didn't even look at the video proof of it happening lol. Twitter scrolling is a mess. I'm about to keep it locked to 60 honestly until it's fixed.
0 Likes