Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

I Identified Android 12 Refresh Bug Using Dev Mode

(Topic created: 11-18-2021 06:40 PM)
Zachsupport
Astronaut
Options
Discussions
I opened android developer options and tracked the refresh rate. It seems when the screen detects you are no longer interacting with the screen, it bounces to 60 hz from 120, creating stutters. For example, when swiping left or right on photos in gallery, it says 120 then switches to 60 as you let go, creating visible stuttering. Apparently samsung knows about this and is working on a fix. When I'm writing this the screen is at 60 but when I scroll down, it moves to 120. Obviously this isn't normal behavior, but I wanted to show everyone insight on what the phone is doing and that you're not the only one with this issue. This is also why keyboard stutters as you aren't interacting with screen while waiting for it to pop up. The one or half a second you aren't touching the phone, the bug switches hz, creating a mess. There is only 120-60 and no "adaptive" refresh rate in android 12 (obviously not intended) Hope this helps!
Chrisrj8084
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
Yes like said it has been an issue since beta 4 and a fix was promised but didn't happen. But allegedly it's been reported to samsung so hopefully a fix is coming.

Saw it posted on Sammobile as well so it's out there. Currently using an app to force 120 all the time and 48 when the screen is off.
0 Likes
Zachsupport
Astronaut
Options
Discussions
I bothered a bunch of their tech support on this and they finally said they contacted Dev teams to make it happen!
0 Likes
krayzie15
Supernova
Options
Discussions
What's the app to force 120
0 Likes
krayzie15
Supernova
Options
Discussions
I just set it back to 60 and will deal with it until they fix it. In your opinion when do u think samsung will fix it?
0 Likes
Zachsupport
Astronaut
Options
Discussions
The support person I talked to said it was internalized which means it's their top priority. I'm hoping by the end of this month, early December?
0 Likes
krayzie15
Supernova
Options
Discussions
Thank u sir that's not that long. I didn't think I could tell the difference but 120 is the only way to go. It doesn't stutters back on 60 like it does on 120 atleast. Will I get a notification or just check system updates once in awhile. I'm literally so stupid with tech
0 Likes
Zachsupport
Astronaut
Options
Discussions
No you're not you recognized it wasn't normal behavior! I bet a lot of people would think it was just part of the update haha
0 Likes
krayzie15
Supernova
Options
Discussions
Thanks I knew it wasn't right the moment it happened I turned my phone off and back on to see if it was that. I got really into tech you tube videos the past month and have watched hundreds of them and have learned a lot by doing so lol
bgrass
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
Galaxy Max Hz