Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

I Identified Android 12 Refresh Bug Using Dev Mode

(Topic created: 11-19-2021 03:43 AM)
Zachsupport
Astronaut
Options
Discussions
I opened android developer options and tracked the refresh rate. It seems when the screen detects you are no longer interacting with the screen, it bounces to 60 hz from 120, creating stutters. For example, when swiping left or right on photos in gallery, it says 120 then switches to 60 as you let go, creating visible stuttering. Apparently samsung knows about this and is working on a fix. When I'm writing this the screen is at 60 but when I scroll down, it moves to 120. Obviously this isn't normal behavior, but I wanted to show everyone insight on what the phone is doing and that you're not the only one with this issue. This is also why keyboard stutters as you aren't interacting with screen while waiting for it to pop up. The one or half a second you aren't touching the phone, the bug switches hz, creating a mess. There is only 120-60 and no "adaptive" refresh rate in android 12 (obviously not intended) Hope this helps!
Chrisrj8084
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
It's called Galaxy max hz, you can find it on XDA. You do have to get the premium version or at least do the 7 day free trial. Also requires one line in ADB to enable permissions in the app
krayzie15
Supernova
Options
Discussions
I have absolutely no clue what xda is or one line in adb to enable is?
0 Likes
PaperStation
Supernova
Options
Discussions
I'm using another app quick settings and have mine set to 90-120 ATM I think Galaxy max hertz has a 7 day trial thing then there's a pay wall

quick settings seems to be fully free. using this until Samsung fixes the issueScreenshot_20211118-214244_Samsung Members.jpgScreenshot_20211118-214604_Samsung Members.jpg
0 Likes
Zachsupport
Astronaut
Options
Discussions
Honestly pathetic a 3rd party app should be used as a workaround for a stable update! Thanks for sharing.
0 Likes
nopen1278
Sun
Options
Discussions
Interesting ever since I updated to stable version mine is staying at 120 and doesn't drop. I did notice it lag in beta though.
0 Likes
PaperStation
Supernova
Options
Discussions
if it constantly stays at 120 and never drop them you have a bug as well, "adaptive" you are missing the adaptive feature then
nopen1278
Sun
Options
Discussions
That is true, but at least it is smooth so I'm not complaining.
0 Likes
User_name
Black Hole
Options
Discussions

known issue so far, wait for the next update

apply standard motion smoothness for now

0 Likes
Jskinvest
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
I am on Android 12 and I got the latest update from Verizon a couple days ago that was supposed to fix the refresh rate problem. I can say that after the update the scrolling still reverts back to 60hz on about half of the apps. I would say about half of the apps it stays at 120 and about half in reverts to 60 making it a little stuttering. I hope it is fixed for all the apps with the next update.
0 Likes