Original topic:

I came to India and UI Beta ERROR

(Topic created: 11-26-2021 12:06 PM)
sr14
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions

Hi @USBetaModerator  @userspam565656,

I was using RedPocket in US and I came to India on work, will be here for at least 4 months. I inserted the JIO 4G sim card and when I goto Samsung members I get an error message saying " One UI Beta features aren't available because your service provider has changed"

@USBetaModerator  @userspam565656 Can you switch my service provider to India JIO service so that I can continue on Beta or at least it will automatically switch me to release version once it is available. 

Thanks

0 Likes
5 Replies
sr14
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions

Anyone at @USBetaModerator  @Samsungteam,

can help with this request. I am on a business trip and I need this phone to work properly. 

0 Likes
Vikk
Astronaut
Options
Discussions
As far as I know, some carriers and countries have not yet been given access to newer versions of the update because they might still be rolling it out. So you might have to wait. As far as the issue goes, to get a better understanding of what is happening, feel free to do an error report. The Error report involves entering back to the Beta testers homepage (the pop-up you get when you open Samsung members that is dedicated to Ui beta testers), or, if you have the regular Samsung members homepage, you can just click on the plus icon on the bottom right corner, and press on feedback, or Error reports? That should open up a new page letting you report issues.
0 Likes
Vikk
Astronaut
Options
Discussions
This is not only me, this type of "issue" is all over the One Ui 4 beta forums, you just have to search this on Samsung members. You will find that some people that live in other countries other than US, are getting the updates later.
0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello @sr14 

Changing carrier does affect your registration to use Samsung Members on the device. unfortunately we cannot switch to Jio as it is not a supported carrier for US model.  Although members shows an error prompt, you should still be able to use the device with out any issues. 

Regards
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes
sr14
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions

Deat @USBetaModerator 

But we are unable to use the device with any of the carriers outside the US. This is a factory unlocked device and I purchased it because I travel overseas quite often with hopes that the device functions as expected. 

But it is not working, VoLTE option is not grayed/unselectable, hence the device is unusable. 

0 Likes