JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

I'm going to withdraw from the beta...

(Topic created: 09-18-2021 06:04 PM)
JDMotes
Halo
Options
Discussions
 Man, I was so looking forward to this beta but it simply makes my phone too unstable for me to stay with it... I keep getting random lockups and reboots; Sorry but now I have to figure out how to get back to 11. 
0 Likes
16 Replies
Johnny53
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
I am considering the same thing. I also had an issue yesterday where I did not receive texts or calls for about 4 hours. I had to reboot my phone.
0 Likes
bluefire
Comet
Options
Discussions
Your issue could be a communication or handshake issue with your carrier's tower and not Android 12.
0 Likes
Options
Discussions
If you used smart switch on PC and backed up your phone as recommended in the beta sign up. Open smart switch on the PC, plug in your phone, unlock it, then on the PC choose "restore"
Then pick the back you made before you installed the beta
And select start restore, and that will put your phone exactly as it was when you made the back up.
0 Likes
Bionic1
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
Or back up your device. Select the beta withdraw from the settings here in the beta channel. It will push a stable release, but will(should) factory reset your device.
0 Likes
fjk1
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
Samsung smart switch or cloud or Google
0 Likes
MochaVex
Supernova
Options
Discussions
I wanted to withdraw, too. However, I'm staying for multiple reasons. Settings I have saved don't carry over in a backup and I'd have to enter them myself. My gallery is too large to backup (48GB!).

I also know of way too many bugs in One UI 3 that no one talks about (specifically animation glitches from using the phone too fast). I'm reporting the little things like that in hopes of One UI 4 being as polished as One UI 2.5 was.
0 Likes
never-reven
Comet
Options
Discussions
I don't want to revert back but all of these are true for me as well.

Also 48gb gallery?! That's quite the stash. All jokes.
0 Likes
Rosekh
Comet
Options
Discussions
This is a beta update, so things do happen . Its on us to report the problems so that they can fix and know the issues they have on their software. And i am pretty sure its gonna get better with the new update that they provide each week.
Try doing the common solutions that is
Power off your phone> press the power and volume up bottom for around 15sec and go to the wipe clear cache and press yes. It might work.
0 Likes
JDMotes
Halo
Options
Discussions
Yes, fully aware and have been very busy sending reports of what I was doing when crash would occur... System Clear Cache seems to really help; Haven't had a reboot since performing it. šŸ˜ŠšŸ‘šŸ»
0 Likes