Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

I seem to be the only one?

(Topic created: 08-13-2023 12:15 PM)
Options
Discussions
Green S23+ here. (green is such a key detail i couldn't leave it out) saw alot of people are having a smooth time with this beta.... atleast for me... animations and fluidity are pretty much broken? Super choppy and rough. I'm aware it's only beta 1. So no big deal at all. But stable 5.1.1 was butter compared to this lol. Anybody else feeling the same?
6 Replies
DaddyDave2k
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
I only do beta testing because I find it fun but you really shouldn't get beta 1 unless you have arrangements set aside in case your phone gets bricked.
I would recommend in the future that you wait until beta 2 or 3 even
0 Likes
Faith7777
Comet
Options
Discussions
Hello, would you mind taking a minute to explain what this whole beta testing is please.
I didn't realize what I was getting myself into when I downloaded.
I follow a couple people on you tube that show great new features on this phone. When I saw this, I thought it was just another update that will improve my phone, like all the other ones. I guess I should have realized something when It wasn't the normal message your phone is ready to download an update.
And it was me seeming to manually do an upgrade.
Didn't realize what I'd done until all my cool Goodlock modules stopped working and I called Samsung to find out that I can't change back to 5.1 unless I go to a service center almost 2 hours away. And sometimes it's better to wait it out because it could harm your phone trying to downgrade.
So it would be nice to understand more the process of what I've gotten myself into. And is this going to take weeks to months to get all my great Goodlock features back?
Thank you ahead of time if anyone is able to explain. 😊
DaddyDave2k
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
Sure , So a beta program basically means unfinished version of the next UI , they release it to the public for the people who are willing to sacrifice their devices to try out the new features. They pretty much use beta programs as a way to get a feel from us. This is beta 1, there will likely be four or more beta builds leading up to the stable release.
The reason why good lock doesn't work, and you might find some other apps not working either is because the current build that we are on is not a certified release. Your good lock modules have been unplugged because it doesn't recognize the software.
Typically betas get better with each release, expect beta 2 to come in about 2 weeks.
The stable version of OneUI 6 will release sometime in October. You can use Smart switch and a computer to go back to 5.1
However that's a long process and you'll have to YouTube it because I can't really explain it.
So give it some time, it will become more enjoyable I promise.
Faith7777
Comet
Options
Discussions
Thank you so much for taking the time to explain that in a way I could understand! I think I will do as you say and give it some time. I would be much happier with some of my Goodlock modules back. Take care!
DaddyDave2k
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
You too !
0 Likes
USBetaModerator2
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback.
Please use the latest Samsung Members app to submit an error report (Samusng Members > One UI Beta Program > Beta Feedback > Error Report.

Note: To ensure relevant log information is included in the error report, submit the report within 3 minutes of encountering the bug or error, and do not terminate (swipe away) the Samsung Members application until you are notified that the report has been sent. This can take up to 5 minutes.

- To provide UX or UI-related feedback, such as usability or feature suggestions, select "Beta community > Suggestions" in the Beta recruitment notice of Samsung Members app.

We appreciate your contribution to the Beta Program.

Regards,

One UI Beta Team

0 Likes